Western_reefers 28 gallon Nano-Cube HQI diary.

I just purchased the same tank and was thinking about doing a rock wall with Marco's dry rocks. After doing some research was a bit concerned on sealing it to the back wall so it wouldn't get stuff behind it. Curious on whether or not you sealed it or is the PVC just acting as a support. Read through your entire thread today. Your tank is awesome, sorry to hear about your crash.

I just purchased the same tank and was thinking about doing a rock wall with Marco's dry rocks. After doing some research was a bit concerned on sealing it to the back wall so it wouldn't get stuff behind it. Curious on whether or not you sealed it or is the PVC just acting as a support. Read through your entire thread today. Your tank is awesome, sorry to hear about your crash.

I sealed off the back with silicone/epoxy. The PVC is for Eels and a bit of support I guess. Also, I'm selling this set up as I'm upgrading! Woot!

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1950637

Well, the whole family was bugging me this whole time not to sell the nano because they really like it. So, I guess I'll be keeping the tank. lol Tank is now Not For Sale!

Here are a few pictures I took of the bacteria bloom yesterday.
1zyvjww.jpg

1o7j8g.jpg

Bought 1 more little fishy reactor, so I have 3 now. Here is a picture of the back area of the Nano-Cube. I'll beef up the filtration once I start adding some azoox animals/corals. The 3 reactors will be for: GFO, Carbon, and Bio-Pellets once I get a Tunze 9002 with an upgraded skimmate cup.
2505yfo.jpg

Just curious, what made you choose HOB reactors over a better media basket setup (such as the Stevie T/InTank basket). Seems like a lot more cash for a comparable solution ...

Just curious, what made you choose HOB reactors over a better media basket setup (such as the Stevie T/InTank basket). Seems like a lot more cash for a comparable solution ...

I'm going to have a Tunze 9002 skimmer in the middle chamber, so, I can't really put the media basket. Also, reactors are more efficient for GFO and Carbon.

Good job looks good keep it up!

I just order two of little fishy reactors for my JBJ 28g. I will be put them series.. one with PURIGEN and GFO and the other De*Nitrate. PURIGEN and GFO 1st and De*Nitrate 2nd.
How you going to setup yours?

Good job looks good keep it up!

I just order two of little fishy reactors for my JBJ 28g. I will be put them series.. one with PURIGEN and GFO and the other De*Nitrate. PURIGEN and GFO 1st and De*Nitrate 2nd.
How you going to setup yours?

Thanks!!

Nice!
I have 3 reactors, one for Carbon, one for GFO, and one more for Bio-pellets.

some pics when you set them up :)
Will do. :)

You going to use 3 pumps or just one? Why Bio-pellets? thanks

No, I'm going to have 2 pumps total in the back chambers. I'm going to remove the stock pumps and replace them with 2 x Maxijet 1200's and plumb up the maxi jets to the reactors. 2 of the reactors will be plumbed together, so the flow from one reactor goes into the next. I'm going to get a skimmer then add the bio-pellets. Here is a thread about bio pellets.
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1694529&highlight=bio+pellets

Back