Western_reefers 28 gallon Nano-Cube HQI diary.

nice job!
I will get mine tomorrow.
I just receive my skimmer today.. ordered it from ebay "China" BUYO WG308 looks good so far:spin1: not noisy at all. waiting for the junk to come out...:dance:

nice job!
I will get mine tomorrow.
I just receive my skimmer today.. ordered it from ebay "China" BUYO WG308 looks good so far:spin1: not noisy at all. waiting for the junk to come out...:dance:

Thanks!

Nice! Don't forget to post pictures! :)

I tested my water today, parameters are..
Ammonia: 0
Nitrites: 0
Nitrates: 0
Phosphates: 0
PH: 7.5 (pretty low...)

I might be stupid, by why not use a like 3 stage canister filter with media baskets instead of the seperate reactors, like i said i might be stupid, i just want to know because I just ordered the same tank as you.

I might be stupid, by why not use a like 3 stage canister filter with media baskets instead of the seperate reactors, like i said i might be stupid, i just want to know because I just ordered the same tank as you.

Idk, its personal preference. lol Plus I already had 2, I needed one more and I was good to go.

+1 on the media basket in a nano - if you don't have room (skimmer is in the way, etc....) then go with the canister filter. MUCH cheaper than media reactors, not as much pipes, cables, etc ... cluttering up the back of your tank (where you might want to an HOB fuge or skimmer setup)

+1 on the media basket in a nano - if you don't have room (skimmer is in the way, etc....) then go with the canister filter. MUCH cheaper than media reactors, not as much pipes, cables, etc ... cluttering up the back of your tank (where you might want to an HOB fuge or skimmer setup)

Well, like I said, I already had 2 before and got 1 more when it was on sale for $35. I don't want to add a HOB fuge or skimmer.

Reactor are way better them 3 stage canister filter. I will stick with the stock 3 stage filter if i don't go with reactor. just P.O.

Skimmer is not taking too much space fit on the skimmer area. I don't have to take the cup to open the hood:dance: so far so good.

Some pics for the skimmer. let me know what you think!

Attachments

• k-P1000685.JPG
    k-P1000685.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 3
  • k-P1000696.JPG
    k-P1000696.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 3
  • k-P1000654.JPG
    k-P1000654.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 3
  • k-P1000652.JPG
    k-P1000652.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 3
Which skimmer is this? Not sure I have seen on that works as a DIRECT replacement in the second chamber. How is it performing, what other skimmers have you used/checked out?

This skimmer looks like this one.. http://www.marinedepot.com/AquaEuro..._Skimmers-AquaEuroUSA-ED3313-FIPSHONW-vi.html
May be the same! I ordered it from china through eBay. I paid $18 shipped + $9 convector 110V to 220V. This is my 1st skimmer in this tank. So far is doing good job. fit in the skimmer area in the back of tank..no need to take the cup to open the hood.. plug and play:celeb1:
I will post more pics soon.

I'm confused (and curious). The picture of the skimmer on the Marine Depot site appears to show a skimmer that is too large (4"x4") to fit into the "skimmer" chamber in the back of the JBJ28 (and not the center chamber where the media basket goes). Does your model have that elbow and sponge on the side like the one pictured on MD or did you make a modification?

I'm confused (and curious). The picture of the skimmer on the Marine Depot site appears to show a skimmer that is too large (4"x4") to fit into the "skimmer" chamber in the back of the JBJ28 (and not the center chamber where the media basket goes). Does your model have that elbow and sponge on the side like the one pictured on MD or did you make a modification?

I took the elbow and sponge out.. I will post some pics tonight.

here is more pics...

Attachments

• k-P1000717.JPG
    k-P1000717.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 2
  • k-P1000715.JPG
    k-P1000715.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 4
  • k-P1000713.JPG
    k-P1000713.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 2
  • k-P1000710.JPG
    k-P1000710.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 2
  • k-P1000707.JPG
    k-P1000707.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 3
Interesting. Please keep us updated on how it performs. The fact that it fits in the skimmer compartment and allows you to still utilize the media basket is a real plus. The reviews on Marine Depot indicate some issues adjusting the levels so I am interested in how the skimmer performs over time. How long has it been in your tank? Not having to take the cup off every time you want to open the hood would be a nice change.

Interesting. Please keep us updated on how it performs. The fact that it fits in the skimmer compartment and allows you to still utilize the media basket is a real plus. The reviews on Marine Depot indicate some issues adjusting the levels so I am interested in how the skimmer performs over time. How long has it been in your tank? Not having to take the cup off every time you want to open the hood would be a nice change.

2 days so far! break in period... start to see nice foam from day one. also, no micro-bubbles issue.. I will keep you posted.

Back