Western_reefers 28 gallon Nano-Cube HQI diary.

Here are a few FTS's that I took I took today.

With MH on
10h0m8h.jpg

Moon lights
2vhww9g.jpg

This has been a great thread! I'm going to go with the skimmer Bostoreefer has (though think I'll get the American version in case there is a problem). Keep up the good thread/work!

yep, from what I can tell it's the exact same as the Chinese version

Cool! That makes at least two (you and Bostoreefer) that are using it. I think another person that I turned on to the skimmer on a different thread was going to try it too. Anxious to hear how you like it once it is broken in. Is it quieter than the 9002?

Yes indeed, very happy! Here are some pics

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

Good news. It seems like a great option for the JBJ28 for those who don't have the room for a HOB or want to keep the center media basket. Your skimmate does not look too dark though. Had you recently cleaned the collection cup? Also, how often have you needed to empty the cup so far?

I just dumped the cup yesterday. I do pretty regular water changes anyway (2.5-5 gallons a week). I don't think this is the most powerful skimmer on the market in terms of pulling dark skimmate ... but it does what I want it to do. Fit in the stock chamber, do a decent job of skimming, is quiet, is affordable, and doesn't blow micro bubbles into the display

i just dumped the cup yesterday. I do pretty regular water changes anyway (2.5-5 gallons a week). I don't think this is the most powerful skimmer on the market in terms of pulling dark skimmate ... But it does what i want it to do. Fit in the stock chamber, do a decent job of skimming, is quiet, is affordable, and doesn't blow micro bubbles into the display

+1

Bostoreef / SlvrSurfRidr , I might pull the trigger on this skimmer. It's pretty cheap on ebay and the converter should only cost $6. Is the collection cup easy to remove and clean? I just started my jbj 28 hqi and currently running skimmerless.

Bostoreef / SlvrSurfRidr , I might pull the trigger on this skimmer. It's pretty cheap on ebay and the converter should only cost $6. Is the collection cup easy to remove and clean? I just started my jbj 28 hqi and currently running skimmerless.

very easy to remove and clean..

Back