What’s the brown stuff on my hammer coral?

Little sea

I just purchased the hammer coral and notice there is brown stuff on it.what’s it and Do I need to remove it?

Attachments

• IMG_0609.jpeg
    IMG_0609.jpeg
    780.2 KB · Views: 23
Vermetid snail. They can annoy the coral with their "net" that they catch food with, They can also spread to plague levels occasionally if there's enough food flying around. You can try crushing it up with a pair of pliers or gluing the ends shut with crazy glue. Some people think they are no big deal and just ignore them.

Vermetid snail. They can annoy the coral with their "net" that they catch food with, They can also spread to plague levels occasionally if there's enough food flying around. You can try crushing it up with a pair of pliers or gluing the ends shut with crazy glue. Some people think they are no big deal and just ignore them.
I agree with Kharma, remove it before it annoys the coral. I would use needle nose pliers to remove it from the base. Just be super careful to not touch the healthy coral skeleton.

I used a toothbrush to remove the snail. But I really don't recommend it, because I ruined the coral a little bit.

Back