What do you do with your waste water?

To answer the original question, I use the normal waster water for aquaponic top-offs and watering plants. Then I use changed reef water for FOWLR tanks, water from FOWLR for brine shrimp, and the waste water from that to water my collection of tropical plants/fruits. I also use any other leftover water in misters for vivariums/rainfall simulation in my SW tanks!

I can totally relate to not wanting to waste water...but on the other hand is that even scientifically possible to "waste" it? It'll just be recycled... Won't it? Like, the water cycle... Haha

I can totally relate to not wanting to waste water...but on the other hand is that even scientifically possible to "waste" it? It'll just be recycled... Won't it? Like, the water cycle... Haha

Well when you have 4 kids a 90.00 water bill dumping it down the drain just seems like a waste of money.

I run mine outside to a barrel that has a solar powered pump on it. I use it to water plants and sometimes wash the car.

Aside from cleaning with the waste water and collecting a few buckets to water potted plants... It was hot as heck on Saturday.... and I found my childhood Supersoaker water gun (the ones that could take your eye out if you pumped enough) and I used the waste water line to fill up the holding tank on the gun. The dang thing hold like a gallon+ of water. I proceeded to wait for my girlfriend (victim) to throw out the trash and super soak her (no not the song). It was all fun and games until I slipped on said waste water on the tile lol. Just another fun use of waste water.

I've been putting my water waste line onto my laundry machine. when it fills up, I do my load of laundry.

I also have a 29 gal tank to collect the waste water for my freshwater angelfish tank....

Back