What Do You Feed Your Copperband Butterfly

FSOL

I've had mine for 4 days now and it's not eating anything I throw in the tank. I put mysis, brine shrimp, silversides, formula 1, formula 2, pellets, flakes, seaweed sheets and it won't touch a thing.

Another strange thing is, when the lights are off and there's a little outside light in the room, the copperband is all over the tank. Once the lights come on, it starts to hide a lot behind rocks. Once in a while it'll pick on rocks, but mainly just swims behind them and won't come out much.

That's the big problem with this fish. He could be eating in the store and then you bring him home and next thing you know he just don't eat. They also like to hide for the first two weeks but it depends 'cause all fish are different. I tried to bought one once and I've failed. My friend bought one an he was eating right away without even being afraid of nothing. You see the point...

Anthony

TIP: Try turn the light off and then feeding the CBB. My Emperor does the same, so I turn the light off first, and then he is more ready to come up to the water surface to eat.

Back