What does SPS look like when it's acclimating to light?

dnguyen1

Will work for fish
Hey guys, I wanted to learn more on what the colors of the SPS tells us?

I'm getting polyp extension but not full on my pink Cadillac and it's pretty high up on the tank (about 10 inches center below ap700 at 30% (no diffuser) and 4x39W T5.

It's not a dark purple, it's more of a light purple. I know they need to be a dark purple. It's been this way for a bit however. I want to see if this maybe means it's slowly getting used to the light before it goes back to the purple or if it's something on my LED that I need to dial down (maybe even to 20% power) thanks guys :)

Can SPS be "losing color" w/ polyp extension? Thanks.

Sadly some of the articles pertaining to this subject are on sites banned by RC..
I'd suggest you simply google "SPS colors" and read the articles that come up..

Same issue. This is my bonsai. From deep purple to light purple. Not sure if its bleached due to high light-low nutrient. But place it lower it turn brown [emoji848]
886ec6e6019a254a1378e864607580b1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Color I think differs between peoples systems. If it's bleaching then yeah dial down the lights. If it's just a little pale could be other things. What are your phosphate and nitrates at? If they are zero or close to it could try aminos to add color. Acropower

Back