What equipment is necessary?

bgbdwlf2500

I have a post about setting up a 210 gallon that I got in an abandoned storage unit. Years ago I know that protein skimmers and uv was something that was claimed to "need". So in looking at what I acquired I found that the 12w uv light has gotten wet in the light socket portion so its ruined. Also, no protein skimmer found.

The setup of this tank will be at least 6 months, just wanting to know what is recommended to run these days. I havent tested the pump yet but from what I have read, it was too high of a GPH for the uv to be doing a whole lot anyway.

So what would you recommend that I need for a 210 gallon tank with sump. Tank has dual returns and overflows. Planning on low maintenance aggressive tank.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This is the tank I'm referring to.
c7d497c330f7449b5504b00d4f4c0264.jpg

Skimmers and ATO and doser just make maintenance a whole lot easier.
I said I would never need or use.
I was wrong.
Each week my skimmer pulls a ton of crap......my ATO and dozer removes daily stuff

Skimmers and ATO and doser just make maintenance a whole lot easier.

I said I would never need or use.

I was wrong.

Each week my skimmer pulls a ton of crap......my ATO and dozer removes daily stuff
I mainly meant cleaning maintenance. I dont mind water changes, I just hate algae. Itll be fish only. I may even go back to freshwater and discus so I'm not mixing salt. Like I said I have awhile to wait.

I'm sure you're already on top of the need to test that bad boy for leaks, which would be the #1 need, I'd say. Good find!

I'm sure you're already on top of the need to test that bad boy for leaks, which would be the #1 need, I'd say. Good find!
Yep, planning on this week. Found out the pump needs a rebuild too. Just under 40 bucks not too bad

Yep, planning on this week. Found out the pump needs a rebuild too. Just under 40 bucks not too bad

Is this going to be a problem? I filled it up about a third right now. They were there before water went in so it didnt expand it.
b1f85bbb1621845afb25cce57ccb0718.jpg
a5edb23e03e9fb2e81114b881ff29597.jpg
2190638d322b5964d28d437b1e46b2f0.jpg
37759dcf9db8667ddb51c92bacf46ad1.jpg

What is they?
Gobs of some gook in pic but need better info. Anything can be cleaned out, more importantly is that the DT does not leak.

I see the splits now didn't before, was pretty tired when i got home from work.
Never saw an upper tank rim do that maybe someone who has exp with large tanks has an idea what happened? Good luck.

I see the splits now didn't before, was pretty tired when i got home from work.
Never saw an upper tank rim do that maybe someone who has exp with large tanks has an idea what happened? Good luck.
Thanks, I'm just curious if its crucial to replace/brace or if I could epoxy plastic to repair it. I wrapped a cargo strap around it to brace it so I could finish filling it this morning.

That rim needs replaced. With a crack in it, it doesn't do it's job of keeping the tank from bowing. I wouldn't fill it with water, even if to test it.

The good news is, you can go to a fish store. They can order you a new rim, and they're not that tough to replace.

That rim needs replaced. With a crack in it, it doesn't do it's job of keeping the tank from bowing. I wouldn't fill it with water, even if to test it.

The good news is, you can go to a fish store. They can order you a new rim, and they're not that tough to replace.
My lfs has a display tank just like it. They said you cant get the brace anymore.

Back