What fish do you have in your nano?

kaz1961

Setting up a 28 gal nano cube this week and was wondering what fish you guys are keeping in yours? Not used to a small tank like this and want to stock it right and have minimal fighting. Fish I am considering are: clownfish, firefish, goby, talbots damsel, green Chromis, blenny, dottyback and valentini puffer. Not looking to keep all these fish, just a few that could peacefully coexist in a nano. I want to do mostly marine plants, zoas, mushrooms and a couple of easy corals. Let me know what you think.

I had always kept a pair of occ clowns in my old BC with all of these fish Im about to list.
I tried out a Mimic Filefish as it looked like a Valenti (which I wanted) but I could still keep inverts. With the Mimic i bought a Horned-Blenny which was a super cool looking personable guy but between these two I started losing soft coral and I never could figure out which was doing it so I rehomed them both .
After I kept a Scooter Blenny, a Firefish, and a small 6-line. All of these fish ended up disappearing with no trace of their body. Finally I got a larger 6-line after a Red Planaria infestation (which he cleaned up beautifully) and he stuck around until I dismantled the tank.
Lots of options!
Best of luck :)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I currently have a Royal Gramma, Bicolor Blenny and a Azure Damsel in my 20 gallon long and everybody gets along great. I'm thinking about adding a Ocellaris Clownfish too, but I just haven't got around to it yet.

I have a pair of occ clowns, a yellow chorus wrasse and a pink streaked wrasse, which I highly recommend over a six line. I think it's prettier and completely peaceful

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Pair of ocelaris clowns, yellow watchman goby/tiger pistol shrimp pair, Cherub angel, orchid Dotty back for fish. Inverts are a conch, emerald crab, hermits, trochus snails and nassarius snails.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

I started my nano 5 years ago with two clowns, a blenny, a citron goby, and a coral beauty. There was obviously a little bit of fighting, but everyone got along well for years.

However, I have since donated the coral beauty and citron goby. If you're planning on having a wide variety of nice corals, I would avoid angel fish or any others that could even "potentially nip" at corals, but if you're not too into corals its worth the risk.

As far as pistol shrimp go, I love mine but it drives me insane with all the sand.

If I could start my tank over I would go for two very nice clowns, two linear blennies, a royal gramma, and possibly a few shrimp gobies with the pistol.

I keep a yellow assesor, a barnacle blenny and a gumdrop coral crouched in a 16 gallon. I prefer the unusual things.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Here is the assesor and blenny is just below hiding in a small hole in the live rock
ff54178df7064e510094ffbf3de139f5.jpg

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

30g rimless with 1 clown, 6-line wrasse, royal gramma and cleaner shrimp. Used to have two clowns but one jumped out. They all get along very well.

Back