What is everyone using for timers?

hot4teacher

I am in the process of upgrading my lighting system and felt this may be a good time to look into a controller system...witout my wallet committing suicide. I have a Newtek Digital Timer (Yes, the same crappy timer sold by Coralife, but under a 'different' company name).

Having 3 sets of T5's, I was thinking I'd like to run a daylight cycle, (morning, midday, and afternoon schedule).

I was thinking about one of the controller systems available...but lord knows I DON'T need a PH sensor among other things....Just a timer that I can get pretty detailed with and I can be creative.

I also live in the part of Japan that has 50hz fequency, so typically any timer than runs off of wall power (vs battery powered) will never work correctly.

So what does everyone use for timers? Having a beautiful spouse to turn your lights on and off everyday doesn't count!

Dana

I use thecorallife digital timer, but you wouldn't be able to run 3 sets off one timer. Great timer so far, lost power (as everyone knows) and when it came back on the battery back up worked as described. Love it. Am going to get another one soon.

I am running a simple old timer that you move the little clips to wherever you want it to turn on/off. works great.

I have two coralife digital timers, one has worked perfectly, and the other died in three months. I mean died, no electricity at all coming out of it. I took it apart and the internal electrical board was falling apart, the solder was peeling off all over the place. They are inexpensive, which is nice, but I don't trust them anymore.

I am with you, coralife digital all the way. cheapest for the money and haven't had a problem yet unlike the crappy regular one.

Das, if you quit beating the dog with it it wouldn't break on you.

Have you seen him beat on his dog with it too!?!? I mean if he wasn't so nice to me with the nice hookups, I'd turn him into the proper authorities!

:D

Blasphemy! Blasphemy! For Jeff and Dana that means acting poorly/insulting towards something sacred. Thought I would save the two of you time it would take to look it up. You can talk bad about me, but don't talk bad about my baby, or my smoked fish!

Do you really think I could hit this?

Olive072.jpg

Was that picture taken in August? (Knows the air condition was on full blast but the dog cried for the heater) :(

Just don't bruise the meat when you beat her with the timer. She's tender, chewy, and built like a tank!

I'm sure you guys can figure out what she's tell you... I'll give you a hint, starts with "Kiss my ..."

Olive041-1.jpg

And one more thing, before you start with the nice dog, but she would look better if you released her into the wild, most of these dogs are born C-section and can't even lick their own hind ends. I wonder who thought that up when they were breeding these dogs????

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8080685#post8080685 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Dastank
...nice dog, but she would look better if you released her into the wild...

OMG! :lol:

I did see one just like her for $2500 at a nearby pet shop. That would have been quite a reef tank with that kind of loot! Better poop gold coins for that much!

You guys are going to love the next pictures I post of her. She'll be eating Jeff's smoked tuna and playing fetch with Dana's Maxis clam. We'll see who's laughing then!

For those that have a sick mind... I am talking about hugs an kisses. Nothing like it from man's best friend. ( can I still have a chunk of smoked tuna Mike???)

Back