What is the purpose of a second becket?

fishdoc11, i'm running a GRI520 on my MR-4R with dual becketts. It runs at 220w at pushes 1620gph. and runs pretty quiet and cool. Don't know how this compares to the iwaki 70 (1500gph, ? watts), but when I was researching pumps, the GRI came in at the lowest watts used for that range of pressure pump.

This is my first exp. with dual becketts, and the riser on the MR-4R is much bigger than the MR-2, but this thing is ripping right along.

Thanks Ereefic, I'll check that pump out.
I just got your new sig when I saw it yesterday:lol:
Chris

I went with the pcx55 because of the 1" outlet. Do any of the pumps being suggested here have the 1" outlet?

another way

another way

there is another way you could go about it without increasing the pump size. I did this to my CBR backpack skimmer to "turbo charge it". Along with the venturi I plumbed a good old fashion wood air diffusure with an air pump. The diffuser sits right where the venturi comes in. This did two things double the amount of small bubbles and at night I can turn off the venturi part and it is silent. I don't know if you could do something like that on your skimmer. It was very simple and very effective.

Back