What is the ultimate reef fish?

I currently own 3 tangs in my FOWLR that are known coral eater. Hippo, Sailfin and PBT. ;)

The only fish that I have that have aboslutely no interest in corals or picking at LR are my genicanthus angels and crosshatch trigger.

genicanthus angels are very reef safe, but of course, I've heard of one nipping before, but only slightly.

Of course these people know these fish are not always reef safe, the question was favorite reef fish I believe. That crosshatch trigger was awsome looking, stunning colors.

Some of my favorites-
Valentini Puffer
Green Mandarin Dragonet
Harelequin Tusk

my regal angel is exactly that... an angel. and then my black longnose tang.
P1010075.JPG

then my leopard wrasse. i never thought id be successful with them but but after not seeing mine for 3 weeks, i found it today when i got home from work. so excited!

a tusk will never bother any coral. they will eat shrimp. but i dont keep crabs or shrimp in my tanks. they are non aggressive, active swimmers and look great. this equals a great Reef fish.

I would say the Rhomboid Wrasse, but very hard to find and very expensive. My next would be the Maroon Clown I love those guys! Personality wise they are jerks, well mine is...bites me everytime I clean the tank.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7560141#post7560141 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bluecarpet
Now that is a nice angel^.

Its also one of the most oversaturated photos I've ever seen.

THeyre pretty, but that photo is silly. Theyre also 900+, and not all that hardy, and prone to nipping. Sounds like a poor reef fish to me.

Everyone has their own definition of their ultimate reef fish. I've seen some really interesting photo's. Thanks all for posting them.

My ultimate reef fish is a Black Tang.

David

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7560547#post7560547 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by DirtySouth056
whacky10.gif

HEY!!!!

The ole Norm Crosby line "I resemble that remark" :D

Back