What is the ultimate reef fish?

Love my Sohal Tang and of course my little black and white osci's But my fovorite Reef fish would have to be the Cross Hatch Trigger

Tangs in general arent always reefsafe either. Sixlines are rarely 'small fish' safe.

My vote, any of the fairy wrasses, or leopard wrasses.

Or my favorite: Halicoeres Iridis.

I used to have a copperband butterflyfish. I really loved that fish. I cam home one day and I found him dead in my Long Tentacled Anenome. I took that anenome back to my LfS. RIP little guy.

Crosshatch trigger.

xhatchside.jpg

xhatch2.jpg

I still say Bicolor Blennys. They are really fun to watch. Mine goes in and out of his hole in one of my live rock all the time. Bicolor Blennys are just one of those really neat comical fish.

I would have to say that my favourite fish is my own Black Longnose Tang (Zebrasoma rostratum). A truly beautiful fish that just glides through my tank like no other fish. I have had him for nearly two years now and he has even learned to eat from my hand.

Now lets put a twist on things what is the prettiest tang, wrasse,trigger.
1. Purple Tang
2. sixline wrasse
3. Crosshatch trigger

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7529410#post7529410 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by RichConley
Tangs in general arent always reefsafe either. Sixlines are rarely 'small fish' safe.

My vote, any of the fairy wrasses, or leopard wrasses.

Or my favorite: Halicoeres Iridis.

Rich......what tangs aren't reef-safe?

I do like the trigger fish, but I have a small 37 gal. tank. My vote for a small tank would be the purple firefish and the yellow watchman goby. The goby has a great personality.

ive never been a trigger man but the shape and color of that looks sharp --ill have to look up the info on one of those

I can't believe no one has said the Hippo Tang (Paracanthurus hepatus). If healthy they are extremely beautiful IMO (of course my fav. colors are blue and black). It's cool to watch them hang out on an acro colony. A close second would be a Powder Blue (Acanthurus leucosternon).

Back