What lights do you run on your refugium AND display?

qfrisco

There are plenty of threads talking about what folks are running in their display, and what folks are using over their refugium, but haven't seen any that talk about both.

The main insight I'm hoping to get is what folks are using on their refugium that's able to out-compete their display lights.

Here's what I have:

DT: 90g
DT Lights: 2 AI Hydra 52s, 12" AWL, 7.5 hour photoperiod, 3 hours at peak
At Peak:

UV: 0%
Violet: 0%
Deep Blue: 25%
Royal Blue: 25%
Green: 20%
Deep Red: 20%
Cool White: 20%

Refugium: 29g
Refugium Lights: 2x 65w equivalent LED BR40 bulbs, soft white (2700K)

I've developed a hair algae problem in my DT over the past year even with a very low bio-load (one clown and one small kole tang, with feedings every 3rd day). Never had this problem even when I had 2 x 250w MHs or 6 x T5HOs, so I have been slowly lowering the intensity of my Hydra 52s over the last few months. Still great hair algae growth in the display :-/, and slow chaeto growth in the refugium.

Just this week I have put an AI Vega Color over my refugium with all LEDs at 100%, so we'll see what that does. :)

Im running 2 AI Hydra 26s on my display. With little to no noticeable algae.
Im running an H380 kessil over my cheato in my fuge.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Im running 2 AI Hydra 26s on my display. With little to no noticeable algae.
Im running an H380 kessil over my cheato in my fuge.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Thanks, Jboone! I've been curious about those Kessils but have been afraid to pull the trigger. I happened to have a couple AI Vegas laying around, so figured I'd start with those and if they work great maybe go for the Kessils.

I'm running what I said I run on my display tank in the thread you found where I talk about my tank lighting and I'm running what I said I run on my fuge in the thread you found where I talk about my fuge lighting.. :lmao:
Just pretend those 2 are combined.. :frog:

I have a buds turbo scrubber and it came with some leds on it. I can check to see what they are, they are red.

Corey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back