What salt does everyone use?

RSCP, probably switching to IO soon though. I did some testing and found that RSCP mixed where I wanted it to after 24 hours but I'll still testing and adjusting before doing the water change. Might as well just go IO if I'm still doing the adjustments.

I have been using Instant Ocean for years. No issues with it and I see no reason for spending a huge amount of extra money on some other brand just because it has a slightly different Alk or Calc than another brand. I will adjust those before using the water if need be and save myself a load of money.

I have been using Instant Ocean for years. No issues with it and I see no reason for spending a huge amount of extra money on some other brand just because it has a slightly different Alk or Calc than another brand. I will adjust those before using the water if need be and save myself a load of money.

Instant Ocean mixes to a dKH of 11. See Guide. How do you lower dKH if you do not want 11? Let's say 7.8, which is where I like to keep my tank. I know how to raise it but have no idea, except for usage, how to lower it.

Back