What salts can be stored for a long period of time?

solitude127

Proud user of IO Salt!
What salts can be stored for a long period of time without a powerhead? I know salts with probiotics like Reef Crystals or Tropic Marin Bio Actif need to be used in a certain time where like salts like Instant Ocean can be store for weeks and have nothing break down.

Salts can be stored indefinitely, I thought. NaCl is very stable. Salt preserves itself. If left for long periods, yes moisture solidifies the salt but still is usable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BRS did a video on this very subject and found that TM Pro was the best and alk remained stable. Most of the others had issues with holding alk over longer periods of time.

Salts can be stored indefinitely, I thought. NaCl is very stable. Salt preserves itself. If left for long periods, yes moisture solidifies the salt but still is usable.

Sorry I wasn't clear. I was referring to salt that has already been mixed to the desired salinity

Maybe it's time for a big tank so u can used up the salt water

you will not believe how liberating it is to not have to worry about an SPS tank. I went camping for a week and didn't even check fusion to see what my nano was at.

Last edited:
Back