What snails?

rogergolf66

im an addict lol
What snails would u pick to put in ur tank? Mine r no sand tanks so keep that in mind. Why would u pick the ones u listed? Looking to add some cuc to my multitank systems.

Roger

Trochus snails all day they are fast ,live along time,can flip themselves over in the sand I know your barebottom so does not apply...also some big Mexican turbos I believe that's what they called them at FAOIS ask Chris, I have had them in my tank for Years and great at all algae removal....the cool thing about the trochus snails is they reproduce in my system so I a bunch of babies now

The trochus snails have a purple and white striped shell like a turbo snail but their foot is white on the bottom but the foot and body are black ......same thing with the big Mexicans but their shell is not pointed on top more rounded

I've had most algae eating snails on the market from one time or another and I recently got some trochus snails and in their short time they have been in my tank they have out competed every snail I have ever owned. Cannot recommend them highly enough. I found them locally at Creative aquariums if you are interested.

Mexican turbos tend to be bulldozers, so unless things are well attached be cautious.

I ha e them, trochus, and bumblebees, the bumblebees are nice because with their small size they can get where the others cannot.

The turbo decimate algae, the trochus are a great all around worker

Keep in mind that the bumblebees mentioned above are carnivores and do not eat algae. They might clean up some detritus, but could also eat your other snails as well as other small fauna.

I picked up 8 trochus snails from Drysdale today. I may get about 8 more for the multi tank system soon if needed

Back