What tank size do the following species need?

Zionas

1. Smaller Zebrasoma Tangs (Yellow, Purple, Scopas, Gem, Black Longnose)

2. Foxface (One Spot / Lo, Magnificent, Bicolor)

3. Smaller Acanthurus Tangs (Mimic Lemonpeel / Eibli, Convict, Lavender, Powder Blue, Powder Brown, Japonicius)

4. Genicanthus Angels (Lamarck's, Spotbreast, Bellus, Watanabei, Red Sea Swallowtail, Masked Japanese etc.)

And what sizes can we expect them to reach in our tanks? Anywhere near the maximum sizes listed online and in books? And are any of these species not beginner friendly? Thanks.

I hope to set up my tank by March if I get vaccinated and can go home.

The Tangs sections seems to be missing info on some of the smaller Acanthurus.

As big as you can. Tangs like space. The more space the less stress the less disease chance. I have 3 tangs in a 260

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks what would you say is a good minimum (in terms of length and volume) for these species?

Your going to get several opinions on this. Mine is you want at least a 6' long tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shape matters, too: long is better than, say, bow. I'd say a 100 long for the smallest and quietest like orange shoulder and kole, and when you get to the more energetic smaller ones, 150. When you talk about the big guys, 300 and up and a whole lot of dedication. Note that I'm not a tang keeper: I've housed them on a temporary basis, and observed behavior on purples and kole. The purple seemed a lot easier going than the kole, which spooked easily, while the purple didn't spook at anything and grazed deliberately. Cleaned out all my vermetids before he went back to his proper home. I rather liked him best of the several I've dealt with, but fish can vary some in disposition and also due to tankmates.

Nice. How big can these Tangs be expected to get for the average specimen? Anything near textbook sizes?

Back