What treats what disease? The short course.

Angels and butterfly fish are noctoroous for flukes. You want to treat with prazipro or general cure. A minimum of 2 treatments 5-7 days apart. Sometimes a third one is needed as well. A 90 min bath in acriflavine will help deal with infection that can occur from the flukes while doing the treatment. You might have to use a trifecta of kanaplex, furan2 and metro after the Prazipro treatment to deal with any secondary infections. Prazipro will deplete oxygen in the water so make sure you airate the water by having a few airstone or facing a powerhead to the surface. ( same for when using most any other meds).

Thank y'all so much surprisingly have never dealt with flukes. Dealt with ich velvet fish tb (which killed everybody and made me sick as I have ever been) fin rot but not flukes till now.

thats great! keep up with the treatments. you want to do the full course to catch all the eggs that hatch as well.

Bacterial infection

Bacterial infection

I have a flame angel that has been in a 20gal qt for 8 weeks. First two weeks were prazi. Next four weeks were cupramine. Around 3.5 weeks into cupramine, the tail fin looked like it had a bite taken out of it. i thought it was a bite from a blue throat trigger who was in qt concurrently.

At end of Cu treatment, I removed Cu with charcoal and out trigger into DT. Then I let the flame sit in qt for a week. (went on vacation during that week). When I returned, Flame has further tail fin erosion and is losing color in face and gills. He is also barely eating (mysis, rod's, or spirulina).

Thinking it is a bacterial infection, I have treated him with kanaplex and metroplex for a week. He does not look like he is getting better. Any thoughts?

Video attached.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 367E6418-E7EC-40A7-89F9-C6C878779696.jpg
    367E6418-E7EC-40A7-89F9-C6C878779696.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 39418284-5C69-491E-B26A-D61025C44D8E.jpg
    39418284-5C69-491E-B26A-D61025C44D8E.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 2
Over slime production on sting ray fish

Over slime production on sting ray fish

hello there, i am sabila from Indonesia.
i have some problem here. so, i have a few sting ray in my tank, they suddenly has wounded on its fins, pale skin when i take a dip into Fresh water.
after that i took it from FW dips, they looks so slimey. then i see those slime under microscope with 40 magnification and this is the result..
sting-ray-disease

:(

Hello everyone!!
I have a purple tang who get this thing after a fight with my leucosternon
fae1e90ac972866fce1cf7e684d47ed1.jpg
3bf64b1ce98b7eb7272d81d8e20db3ed.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like "battle damage" that has now gotten infected. I would QT and treat with neomycin (Seachem Neoplex). A 30 min Methylene blue bath might also help.

Back