What VHO Bulbs?

wglenn

Hey all,
I am working on the new 72 bow I was given, it had 4 vho bulbs I am going to keep them but add this 250w MH in the future. My question is I need to buy 4 new VHO bulbs, which ones should I buy, keeping in mind I will eventually have the MH also.

Thanks!!

You will probably get different answers from everyone on this one. I have a 72 bow with vho's and I am currently using aquasuns and super-actinics with mine, (46.5). Things are growing really well for me, but all I have are softies.

Do you have a pic of your tank? I would like to see it to get an idea if possible... thanks again!!

When my 90gal was VHO only I used 2 Actinic White (50/50) and 2 Super Actinic. Once I upgraded with 2 MH bulbs, I simply rewired the ballast and removed the Actinic White bulbs from the system.

I had tried the Aquasuns with Super Actinics, but the tank looked a little too pink IMHO. That's why I replaced with Actinic White.

Wglenn, are you asking what kelvin bulbs to buy, of what brand? Also, it would help to know what kind of VHO ballast you currently have, ...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6492215#post6492215 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by donfishy76
Wglenn, are you asking what kelvin bulbs to buy, of what brand? Also, it would help to know what kind of VHO ballast you currently have, ...

Hi, yes Kelvin rating, I have an Icecap 660-009 thanks!

Back