What Was That?!

Stepho725

Okay - so I was watching a video on youtube and I saw this amazing coral and I need to know whether or not I will be able to ever keep one!
I'm going to do my best to describe this thing because I can't find which video it was (I watched about 15 of them)
So it has a trunk and branches and hand/flower type things at the end of the branches. It was a whiteish / pinkish. But the part that got me was the "hands" were like opening and closing while it waves around in the current. Kind of like how my bamboo shrimp in my freshwater tank has fans on his front arms and he fans the water for food.
So I guess that's all I can come up with right now...
Also....sorry if I sound like a complete idiot but this thing was beautiful and awesome and amazing and I'd like one at some point (if possible of course)!

Sounds like pulsing Xenia. For some people it grows like a weed for others it melts. I keep a small piece just to monitor my water quality. If it pumps fast things are good, if it slows or stops pumping then I start testing params.

Sounds like pulsing Xenia. For some people it grows like a weed for others it melts. I keep a small piece just to monitor my water quality. If it pumps fast things are good, if it slows or stops pumping then I start testing params.

That's a great idea!

You can easily copy and paste the link to the video I would think. Although I never tried it on reef central

Thanks! It is the Pulsing Xenia - they're really neat! I'm going to have to try one of them at some point!

It's a beginner coral that I never put in my tank and still want. For some reason I skipped right over them. They are so cool to watch. More entertaining than my montis or acans

Limey I definitely would love some! Just need a few weeks as I'm just setting up my tank this weekend. If you've still got some in a month I would be happy to take it!

I have a bunch of anthelia in my nano that could use a trim - I'm planning on going to the next meeting in Norwich too. I would be happy to bring some for a trade.

Back