What's a good external skimmer?

Fcamdog

I need some advice. I am thinking about buying an external skimmer and need some suggestions, advice, tips, etc... I am not schooled up on the newer skimmers on the market so any and all help/advice will be appreciated. Thanks,

Fidel

What size system, Fidel?

I believe most recirculating skimmers would fill the bill nicely. I had an Octopus recirc that was external I really liked. There are others, too. I think Vertex has a few.

Brandon

About an 80g system. Need to clarify though, not looking for a H.O.B. type, I am wanting a small in sump, or an external skimmer.

Brandon, can you post a link the models you are referring to? Thanks,

Fidel

I had one similar to this one, Fidel. I'm sure there are many others, too. Recircs were the "it" skimmer before cones came along I believe.

Brandon

The AC just got Eshopps Cone Skimmers in and they are the Space savers with the pump inside the Cone. They look real nice kinda like a copy of an ATB or a I-Tech. And they are Priced the same as online prices as I checked just to see how they compared.
They have three different sizes and the Small would most likely suite your needs.
Bill

Back