whats on my glass????

SmyrnaReefer

just spotted what looks like little white bubbles with what appears to be little yellow eggs in them. very very small. one of the white spots has a hole in it and no egg looking things.

thoughts? maybe some sort of snail. there are several of these patches, to small for pics....

I have clear egg casings with white specs inside on my glass. They are snail eggs of my tiny conchs I got from Hawaii. They hatch as miniture snails - there is no larval stage. Yours may be snail eggs too.

here is a crappy pic!

here is a crappy pic!

upclose the yellow is like little beads

photo.jpg

Something laid eggs, Most likely nothing to worry about unless they start to overpopulate the Tank with what ever they are.
Bill

yea i get eggs from time to time also.....i agree with bill....unless ya see tons i wouldnt worry.........how big would ya say the eggs are?..... just out of curiosity

Nerite snail eggs make sense - I've been seeing white spots on my rocks and had no idea what it was. Since they aren't on glass, I can't see what they are exactly (they are too far away to see clearly - just look like little white round dots).

Back