What's up with people selling there old equipment for crazy prices?

I see this all the time on craigslist with pretty much everything. I saw a guy selling some mustang wheels for $600 used when you could get the exact same set new online for $480 shipped. I called him on it, even sent him a link where they could be had for less new. Never got a reply for some reason. hmm

As far as Vortech's selling so high, I agree, it's ridiculous. That being said, I have an MP40 I'm going to sell in a couple weeks, and I'm going to list it the same as everyone else. If people are willing to buy it at a retarded price, you better believe I'll sell it at a retarded price. haha

Do it now! Jebao WP40 pumps aren't as good as Vortec MP40 pumps, but then the price difference is $380 per pump and the Jebao moves just as much water and is easy to control too. I see Vortec prices going down in both the new and used markets soon. I just bought a Jebao WP40 and it's very nice for just $85. :wavehand:

Buying used saltwater equipment is just buying somebody else's problems.

Funny, I rarely buy anything for my system new anymore (I have 4 tanks) and I save about 50-75% of the cost and very rarely do I find I bought somebody else's problems! :spin1:

supply...demand...capitalism...if price is unrealistic to you, move on....not saying you are new, but people need to realize that this is a hobby that will melt your wallet and it has been doing so for years, even decades....

Funny, I rarely buy anything for my system new anymore (I have 4 tanks) and I save about 50-75% of the cost and very rarely do I find I bought somebody else's problems! :spin1:

+1, if you are purchasing quality made products there is little risk. I've got old Eheim pumps that I suspect are going to outlive me.

Back