Where do you get your food

Chriss614

Interested in hearing where everyone buys their fish food, and what food they use. Specifically wondering what the best value is for frozen mysis.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I buy LRS Reef Frenzy frozen from which ever local store I happen to be at. I only buy one every few months. For the auto feeder I've been using Hikari small pellets. I tack them on once in a while when ordering from BRS.

I'm thinking this for dry food and alternating it with frozen mysis and occasionally blackworms.
85040dd2f03a11cf1c252d1e934f68d9.jpg

What do you throw in? Where do you purchase the ingredients?

Mixed seafood/shellfish, nori, pe mysis, reef chili, selcon, little carrot/broccoli. It really isn't anything special, but my fish are 11 years old now so I feel like I shouldn't change what I'm doing.

I'm thinking this for dry food and alternating it with frozen mysis and occasionally blackworms.
85040dd2f03a11cf1c252d1e934f68d9.jpg

I've been feeding those and dr. G's frozen foods for probably five years and have had no issues.

I use spectrum pellet, nori sheets, mysis, brine, and rods food. Inget soectrum added to BrS orders during sales, organic nori from amazon, and frozen from what ever LFS I happen to be in.

I would go in on a group buy if anyone ever wanted to save a little money on frozen.

Last edited:
I use spectrum pellet, nori sheets, mysis, brine, and rods food. Inget soectrum added to BrS orders during sales, organic nori from amazon, and frozen from what ever LFS I happen to be in.

I would go in on a group buy if anyone ever wanted to save a little money on frozen.
163f55c8cf93fab487bad57b7bf6ba4a.jpg

Is that the type of nori you use or does it have to be raw? Does it go bad?

I personally use nori from publix. I don't use enough to make the big packs worthwhile. I don't know if it goes bad, but the last time I bought more than one pack, it smelled "funny" by the end so I figured why risk it.

I personally use nori from publix. I don't use enough to make the big packs worthwhile. I don't know if it goes bad, but the last time I bought more than one pack, it smelled "funny" by the end so I figured why risk it.

have a pic of the packaging from publix?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not, I suspect it varies a little. They 're usually very near the seafood counter, ask for sushi wrappers and they will point you towards them. I think 5-10 come in a package for a few dollars. I cut them into quarters and fold one up in a veggie clip every few days.

I do not, I suspect it varies a little. They 're usually very near the seafood counter, ask for sushi wrappers and they will point you towards them. I think 5-10 come in a package for a few dollars. I cut them into quarters and fold one up in a veggie clip every few days.

kool thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What kind of fish do you have that eat it? Trying to decide if I will need it or not.

I see our tangs, clownfish, and wrasses eating it, but it is primarially for tangs benefit as grazers

I see our tangs, clownfish, and wrasses eating it, but it is primarially for tangs benefit as grazers
I'll hold off on it for now since I am restocking now and unsure if I'll have anything that really wants it.

Back