Where to get a new aquarium?

sweeper7

Been out of the hobby for several years but looking to get back into it and going bigger than my 40 breeder.

Who has the best prices for aquariums? Leaning towards the rimless one this time.

Can’t believe my favorite fish, the Tangs are $300! Do sellers on forums offer better prices?
Yes, prices have definitely gone up over the years. I remember back in the 90s getting full/softball size colonies of Acropora for around $40. Now, you're lucky to find an Acro frag for under $40.

That said, check the forums, Craigslist, OfferUp and FB Marketplace for people getting out of the hobby or upgrading their tank. You can find some pretty good deals on livestock and equipment on those places.

Pictures are worth a 1,000 words (Sorry about the sticker, I had just replaced a leaking tank) One Yellow went to my LFS in a trade for a captive bred Golden Angel, the other is in my 180. The Flame pair is in my office tank. Good luck on your new aquarium.
fish.jpg

Pictures are worth a 1,000 words (Sorry about the sticker, I had just replaced a leaking tank) One Yellow went to my LFS in a trade for a captive bred Golden Angel, the other is in my 180. The Flame pair is in my office tank. Good luck on your new aquarium.
View attachment 32405658
I had both and want it again but not at the prices they are selling for.

What is BIOTA?

Also Quality Marine sells several captive bred fish including Imperator angels, Narvarchus, Gold Flake Angels. Ask your LFS if they buy from Quality Marine.

Back