White bare spots on hard coral

Even before I read about Tyree's "cryptic zone" in FAMA and Delbeck and Sprung's "Reef Aqurium" the guy who mentored me in the early '90s was a big fan of live and maricultured live rock. Every tank I set up uses so that's been my goto source. It's good to see someone olse selling iit besides ReefFarmers and they're good options especiall) y if a system has already been aquascaped but rock from the open ocean will have more divirsity.

As far as the blue/green algae from algaebarn I've never tried it but I am a fan of phyto for reef systems (at least I haven't found any research questioning it like the prepared foods used).

Well it hasn't gotten worse since the water change and cleanup, so that's...good? Still not sure what happened. I've noticed one of the hermits sitting on the coral a lot, but doesn't appear to be damaging it.

Do coral regrow tissue on bare skeleton over time?

Well it hasn't gotten worse since the water change and cleanup, so that's...good? Still not sure what happened. I've noticed one of the hermits sitting on the coral a lot, but doesn't appear to be damaging it.

Do coral regrow tissue on bare skeleton over time?

That's good news! What are your current parameters? Since corals put down new skeleton as they grow they can grow over teh old skeletons if they are an encrusting type but branching types usually will not.

Anyone have any idea what might be happening here? This coral has been happily growing for a long time now, with no changes to water or environment. I had been out of town for several weeks with a trusted person feeding the tank regularly while I was gone. However, I suspect this may be the work of the couple hermits I have getting curious and hungry in my time away.

Any other thoughts on what could be causing these white spots?
do you have any clown gobi

Back