white precipitate?

scbadiver

I finished filling the tank and started the filter last Friday night. I used all RO water and IO salt. It was kinda cloudy because some of the water sat in the tank uncirculated with the Southdown for about 5 days before it ws full enough to run the pump. At lunch today, around one oclock all was normal but I just checked it and the sump and the heaters are all completely covered with a white film. The salinity is right at .025 still. What have I got going on here now? Is this a concern? Thanks for the advice.

No, it takes awhile for it to settle down and get "sticky" from the bacteria. Give it about a week and it will look good. You'll have to give some turkey baster treatment to blow off the dust during the week.

Thanks guys. It just concerned me how it appeared and covered the heaters like a crust in less then 4 hours. Kinda weird. Micro bubbles and stuff don't bother me. I know they go away. I actually, so far, don't have many and I have no rock or anything in the sump to break up the flow so I thought I'd have more. Thanks again, I just hadn't ever seen this happen before and it concerned me.

Back