Who leaves Mag floats in the tank?

I leave mine in...they usually self clean turning corners...I replace felt and abrasive side once a year.

Mine doesn't stink! Must be the MB7 and vodka:lolspin:

Fragging the zoa and putting it on there might not be a good idea. Everytime you want to wipe the glass, you are going to be moving it really vigorously, and if the zoas can handel this everyday, and still open, you got one good type.

I have seen a mushroom fragged on a snail before, it was really cool. Atleast they move slow.

Fragging the zoa and putting it on there might not be a good idea. Everytime you want to wipe the glass, you are going to be moving it really vigorously, and if the zoas can handel this everyday, and still open, you got one good type.

I have seen a mushroom fragged on a snail before, it was really cool. Atleast they move slow.

the ones i use to put frags on i dont move them

I leave mine in but have to leave it where my 2 year old can't reach it. I only use my razor attachment occasionally so I always remove the blade when I'm done with it.

But then you arent using it as a mag float, why not just get something and glue it to the inside and then put the zoa on it, so then you dont have that bulk sticking outside your glass.

i get them for like 10$ and i have tryed glue. it dont hold very long glass is nonporous.. and if you bump it or big snails get on it if falls...and after the coral grows over it u cant see it any more

i leave mine in..if something is stuck clean off with some RO water and put back in-drew

when i clean my magfloat ( about every 6 months) i always use tap water. i always see people cleaning pretty small items with RO water. is this necessary or maybe just a little obsessive? is there anything rely growing on the magfloat that ro water wont kill as opposed to tap water? or are people scared of the tiny bit of tap water will mess with the tanks water?

i get them for like 10$ and i have tryed glue. it dont hold very long glass is nonporous.. and if you bump it or big snails get on it if falls...and after the coral grows over it u cant see it any more

Lol the coral is going to grow outside the tank too? The part inside the tank looks sweet, but then you have a clump hanging outside your tank.

when i clean my magfloat ( about every 6 months) i always use tap water. i always see people cleaning pretty small items with RO water. is this necessary or maybe just a little obsessive? is there anything rely growing on the magfloat that ro water wont kill as opposed to tap water? or are people scared of the tiny bit of tap water will mess with the tanks water?

I am 100% on you with that, but would you really try to save 25 cents of RO water and mess up your 30 thousand dollar tank? Think of it like that.

Or it could be 1000$s, its still money. If you have the ro, why not.

I leave mine in...they usually self clean turning corners...I replace felt and abrasive side once a year.

Mine doesn't stink! Must be the MB7 and vodka:lolspin:

I didn't know the pads could be replaced. Where do you get the replacement parts? Have any of you noticed the mad float rusting? I have, 2 round spots, threw it out.

I leave mine in, hidden in the far left back side, near the top.

I take it out every month or so to clean it, and replace the scrub pad on the business side of it.

- MikeT

I leave mine in, but it gets pretty annoying the 50th time a neighborhood kid decides to play with it... Like they have never seen a magnet before...

I would bet theres a lot of stuff in a mature reef tank that stinks to high heaven. Just remember, it doesnt stink if you dont sniff it. :)

My back left bottom corner is a cave, thats where mine has been for 2 years. Its solid pink with thick coraline. I knock any sand off by going around the corners of the tank.

Back