Why are the bio cubes used so much. They are not worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you do visit his thread, try not to think too much about the misspellings, it might make your head burst.

Because bashing his grammar puts you at a higher lever?? :lmao:

This is ridiculous. The original poster did not bash anyone. Yet people are offended that he voiced his own opinion and in return bashed him. Hmmmm. Interesting. :blown:

To have an advanced reef, you must do "upgrades" or "mods" to really be able to keep SPS and other items for long term. This is true for at least several of these types of tanks (Biocude, Aquapod). In doing these upgrades, you will probably double the initial investment in your tank. With the OP's thought, it would be cheaper to buy a "regular" tank, whichever one suites your fancy, and then make the changes.

I agree whole-heartedly with OP.
They are overpriced and who actually has left these un-modded and were successful? Now I know some peeps love DIY and the mods really aren't that difficult but for many, a plug-n-play AIO system should be just that. You would think the makers would know by now all the standard mods and maybe do a re-design.

For the peeps attacking OP's grammar and taking ridiculous offense from his fairly passive posting, get a grip.

Summer....were you bullied too much as a kid? "Gammar" ;) Happy reefing all!

This was my first tank with stock lighting. JBJ 24g nano. I personally LOVE the AIO tanks. I agree that if you buy the AIO with bare min upgrades and then decide to go SPS and such you will end up spending a fair amount to get there. However for a beginner, testing the waters, so to speak it is an amazing way to start.

And I also agree with above statements about how bashing people is unproductive to the health of this thread and the sites intentions. Voicing an opinion is what makes this place great.

100_3077.jpg

funny kid this post is a bash on biocubes...i personally own a 29 g nano hqi and absolutly love it i upgraded the skimmer thats all...reef has been up and heatlhy for almost a year now...dude if you drill your nano tank your a complete moron...the chambers arent huge but neither is the tank...for 300 bucks worth every penny if you want to drill plumb silacone and go crazy it adds up man...if you want to plug in play...bio/nano are the wtg

^^ completely agree with jacwil.
this thread is... "annoying" to me, in a way. the OP was not trying to claim the biocube was a "bad" tank, all he said was after how many mods you have to do to get it to an SPS level. the cost is a bit high.
put simply everyone who felt "bashed" is just defending their own purchase. quite frankly i agree with OP, for those of us for whom money is tight you can get an SPS tank for less money than buying a cube...(just to clarify i own a cube and i promise that ^ is true)
no it won't look as good as a cube and no it won't be as "creative and customized" but, cheaper. if we all can understand that i think we can end this thread.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what the matter with some of you is. It's not like the OP jumped into someone else's thread to bash their tank. He posted an observation from his point of view. Since he owns the tank he certainly should be able to post it without being slammed for it.

So step back if you don't like his post.

Your right he started his own thread to bash. So people are going to bash back it's a pointless thread that should of been closed a while ago. There are ways of gathering opinions without starting as a rant basically calling people foolish for buying a specific product.

Lock.gif

I agree with the op. No need to slam HIM for HIS opinion. Particularly since he owns the tank in question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back