why did white bubble turned tan

BadRoma1

:confused: i've had this bubble for a while. i bought it white and now it's tan. i want it white again. what do i do? i have helides, calcium is at 440, all the bad things are at 0. i also have blue light, which i hear maybe the reason why my coral is brown. name all possibilities so i could just correct everything at once.

Bubble? do you mean a bubble anemone? If so it was probably bleached when you bought it and is now starting to become healthy.

My bubble corals color will change slightly depending if its open, and the flow of water and light that it is getting. When the bubbles start to die they will totally close up and the tissue will basically melt away.
I feed my bubble freeze dried krill.

i don't spot feed it. it looks good and nicely open, bubbles are big. i don't know how to feed. do i put food directly in an opening in a middle of it at night? how much food?

Yes you just place food in the center of the bubble when the feeding tentacles are out. A decent sized piece of meaty food like freeze dried krill, squid, clam maybe the size of a dime. The coral will close up and take the food in. I reccomend feeding once to twice a week.

White means that it is bleached out and actually isn't very heathly IMO.

Tan is a good thing.

i'll start feeding him tonight. even if he isn't white he still will be happier i'm sure. i usualy put snow in every other day or so. thank you all very much for help.

i thought it would be a great thing to spot feed all my corals. for now i only have plancton, so i fed everybody with that. the thing i'm upset about is that after i fed each mouth of my green brain some type of wounds showed up in 3 spots. they look like cuts or taires and have white short strings in those wound looking areas. what is that? what happened?

Back