Why I choose to keep small fish in largeish reef aquariums

Hello Atoll, I didn't know that was you, but I have been married for 44 years and didn't know that was my wife either. :idea:

We have exchanged similar views on reef keeping many times over the years Paul and much of what we do goes against the common held beliefs. People go quiet on me when I tell them about why I believe my fish don't catch white spot. I guess they think I am nuts, lying or just joking. :headwally:

We have exchanged similar views on reef keeping many times over the years Paul and much of what we do goes against the common held beliefs. People go quiet on me when I tell them about why I believe my fish don't catch white spot. I guess they think I am nuts, lying or just joking. :headwally:

Les, I won't even put my opinions on here about that. We both know that your fish and my fish don't get sick and keep spawning, but it is to hard to convey that knowledge without all the arguing. :facepalm:

Les, I won't even put my opinions on here about that. We both know that your fish and my fish don't get sick and keep spawning, but it is to hard to convey that knowledge without all the arguing. :facepalm:

Am.always up for a debate but some people resort to trying to be clever telling you why you are wrong or resort to insults. I am thick skinned but abuse and insulting comments are from people who cannot change they way they think unless you can produce a scientific paper with multiple tests. Like you Paul I am a simple hobiest trying different things and challenging preconceptions. All part of the hobby for me and you of course.

Very cool. I also have one of those feeding video's. They are eating live blackworms. This was probably a year or two ago.

Thanks LesMelling for posting your philosophy. I strive to do something similar. But sometime I stray for my chosen path. lol.

WOW! I stumbled across the following vid on YouTube quite by accident as I was watching another vid I was looking for and this came on right after. What amazed me is that the vid says so much about how I do things (often in my head to start with) my thoughts on reefscaping, feeding and more. And BTW yes there is no reason why you can't achieve similar results all be it much smaller.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Wvn4yn9suw

Back