Wowza! Check out this elegance!

Yeah I saw it last night in dd. It's beautiful. the Aussie elegances they have right now are sick also.

if i had the bank and was a more established tank, you could call me a fool.

could the price be because of rarity?

I would justify it by saying it is a beautiful coral that I'd like to have . And that coming from DD it probably has a 100% better chance of surving than most other elegance's.

I would justify it by saying it is a beautiful coral that I'd like to have . And that coming from DD it probably has a 100% better chance of surving than most other elegance's.

how so? do you think that f&s has a different source for elegances than any one of the major importers ? :lol:

imo anyone who buys a wild elegance is a fool-better than a 99% chance it won't live long term :rolleyes:

^i had the same question, even on tidal gardens they have elegances but some paragraph warning about them. saying back when he got started, elegances being hardy and nowadays they are becoming difficult. whats up?

I have a wild elangance that I have had since 2007. However when I bought it I was told roughly 6-12 months. I didn't believe it and he we are today. It's not as nice as that one.

the issue is that a small percentage of elegance corals will make it past the first few months. Once it gets over that hump they are like most other lps. For reasons that aren't completely understood, a large percentage of them die from bacterial infections in the first few months, sometimes weeks. The strange part is that in the 80's and early 90's they were considered much hardier.

DD elegance are not any hardier than any other. Some say that Australian elegance are hardier than indo elegance. But an Aussie elegance from DD should be about as likely to make it over the hump as an Aussie from any other dealer.

If you have money falling out of your pockets then I could see buying this particular (very expensive) elegance for just for gits and shiggles to see how it does and hope for the best. If not, then this would be an unwise purchase IMO.

eric borneman did some research into the elegance 'blight' which became rampant in the '90's. the problem is likely connected to systems contamination affecting all elegances that pass through that system (i.e. holding tanks of an exporter), among other factors, iirc.

elegances used to be hardy as dirt-now most rot within one month of landing in the u.s.-the mortality in importer/wholesaler systems is large (personal observation up until '09)

Beautiful piece....I've had mine for just about a year...they are my favorite...always wanted to have an elegance garden of sorts

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

That one is sweet. Have you guys seen a blue one...its more blue and blue tipped in person...

Last edited:
Back