WTB: Algae scrubber. Clear Water CW300

m0nkie

looking to buy the clearwater CW300 algae scrubber. having nutrient issue and im sick of these large water changes like a peasant.. nitrate is still floating pretty high.

anyone got a used one laying around.. or two CW200s..

if not ill have to spend that stimulus check

looking to buy the clearwater CW300 algae scrubber. having nutrient issue and im sick of these large water changes like a peasant.. nitrate is still floating pretty high.

anyone got a used one laying around.. or two CW200s..

if not ill have to spend that stimulus check
If I may make a recommendation. If you have clearance on the side of your sump I've been using a couple of hob filters with a screen hanging on the return and it works remarkably well. Far cheaper and I think just as efficient as many of the commercial algae scrubbers.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

If I may make a recommendation. If you have clearance on the side of your sump I've been using a couple of hob filters with a screen hanging on the return and it works remarkably well. Far cheaper and I think just as efficient as many of the commercial algae scrubbers.

basically just have water flow down a screen? with fuge lighting?

basically just have water flow down a screen? with fuge lighting?
Exactly. It works really well. Three water flow is enough to go on both sides, so it grows plenty of algae. And it's easy to lift off and clean.

Exactly. It works really well. Three water flow is enough to go on both sides, so it grows plenty of algae. And it's easy to lift off and clean.

I use 2 penn plax cascade 300 filters. $40 on amazon. They are perfect for this because they have these removable teeth on the return that I zip tie the screen to. I can just lift the whole part right off when it needs cleaning.

I use 2 penn plax cascade 300 filters. $40 on amazon. They are perfect for this because they have these removable teeth on the return that I zip tie the screen to. I can just lift the whole part right off when it needs cleaning.

do you have a picture of the setup? the screen is hang verticle correct? allow the water to spray the top and flow down?

when you say 2 sides, you mean 2 filters hitting 1 screen?

do you have a picture of the setup? the screen is hang verticle correct? allow the water to spray the top and flow down?

when you say 2 sides, you mean 2 filters hitting 1 screen?
So it hangs on the return, but the water from the return is able to run down both sides. There is just enough space between the filter and the outside of the sump to put a flat led panel. That way the sump grow lights light the front of the screen and the flat led panel lights the back for growth on both sides.
cc56fb66cd097c5ee3787602affcb25a.jpg
2ae20caa860fdcc51018fce0277ad9a1.jpg
a71513ac2eeafb5f57134122706217f6.jpg

There are many ways to make an ATS for almost nothing. You can put one in the weir of your sump, or horizontal in the sump just below the water surface, or in the overflow box. All work well. I have a thread on R two R with photos of each I believe.

Back