WTB- Convict Tang & Fish Suggestions

BeanMachine

Has anyone seen any at a LFS in Socal? I'd like a Mauratus one but I'm too broke for that so the normal version would be just fine.

Also, any suggestions on the next fish I should get? They will all be quarantined. I'm going to add some nice wrasses last. So looking now for a Convict Tang, and small fish that are colorful and interesting. I'm not opposed to more anthias. The male ish Bimac is the boss and chases them a bit but spreads the love around... he's mostly aggressive towards the other Bimacs. He didn't seem to care very much when I added the other anthias but does push them around a little.

No more wrasses for now, I'm going to save my cheddar for a few nice ones last.

I currently have-

4 Bimaculatus Anthias

2 Lyretail Anthias

1 Sunset Anthias

1 Carberryi Anthias

1 Blue Tang

2 Yellow Tangs

1 Scopas Tang

1 Exquisite Wrasse

1 Yellow Canary Wrasse

1 Female Ornate Leopard

1 Royal Gramma

1 Fork Tail Fang Blenny

1 Striped Fang Blenny

2 Red Fire Fish

2 Clowns

I forgot about the Chaulk Bass I wanted as well. I may get two or three of them. I could also get a few more lyretails or carberyi.

One of my favorites for temperament and for subtle beauty. Terelabrus Dewapyle. Moves all over the tank so not stationary like some fish. And darts at it's food which is fun to see and it's not a very common fish so 10 points for cool factor imo.

I also forgot about the genacanthus angels... may go for one or two rather than any more tangs besides the convict.

One of my favorites for temperament and for subtle beauty. Terelabrus Dewapyle. Moves all over the tank so not stationary like some fish. And darts at it's food which is fun to see and it's not a very common fish so 10 points for cool factor imo.

Thanks! If I can find one I'll give it a shot.

What about an assessor?

I know you are holding off on wrasses but one fish that I haven't seen in a while is a green coris wrasse. I've seen a larger one a number of years ago and they develop a pastel purple streak across their cheek. I can't think of another fish that is pastel green.

Don’t do triggers. They will eat small fish or crustaceans when they get large. Even “reef safe” ones will still do it. And your “nice” wrasses will be at stake.

Genicanthus are a great choice but do 3. Not two. They form haters and are best in three.
Semifasciatus are the nicest looking of the affordable ones but are the meanest and males get big.
Wantanabe are nice, get ok size and aren’t as mean.
Bellus stay smaller but aren’t as pretty
Swallowtails are BLAH

Anthias
Evansi are pretty and cheap, but delicate
Dispars cheap, somewhat hardy, but not as nice looking
Bartletts beautiful, moderately priced but need lots to quell aggression

Tilefish
Cool, but delicate

Basslets
Candy $$$$ and small
Swales poor mans candy and not too aggressive

As far as wrasses lmk when u are looking for nice ones. I’m always searching and grabbing multiples when I do.

My list currently are
Earls
Hemitaentiuos flasher
Magma
Nahacky
Lineatus
Rosefascia
Kwazulu
Rhomboid
Monsoon
2xdiamond tails
Red velvet