WTB: LS and jawfish

Avian

I am looking for some extra LS (and maybe a bit of crushed coral) to suppliment the 75 lbs I already have in my 55g reef. I want to add a yellow-head jawfish. Right now the substrate (consisting of fine sand) is about three inches deep.

Current inhabitants are a pair of black ocellaris (w/ their rather large RBTA) and rainsford goby. This will most likely be the last fish I add.

Tank has been established for ~8 months. I have a canopy, since I have read they are known jumpers.

Any advice on these fish and know of where I can get one, in addition to suggestions on adding the additional substrate. I am in no hurry to add the fish. Thanks.

Marcye at SITC can get you one. She just got some fish in from Australia that have the most striking colors...fabulous! She also has the best and cleanest LS you will ever see. You can add the sand to an established tank with no ill efffects. If anything it helps the tank. I have been adding this LS to my tank for almost three years..periodically.

I actually was thinking of doing that yesterday after I posted. I think I may drop by and see what she can do. It'll be a good time to visit since I haven't been there in a week or two.

I have a jawfish - it is really cool comes up from his cave he dug under the rocks and shimmers irredisent blue like a ghost - really enjoy him

Marcye has some beautiful things - would love to win lotto and go there :)

The way the fish respond to her is just incredible - "Cindy Loper" was specialy Cool the way she wanted to be pet.

Darline

Darline...you are a trip:) Thanks for all the kind words...lol, I liked the Bennie Hinn reference. That just made my day. Avian...I have two yellow head pearl jawfish due in tomorrow morning. I saw Darline's and fell in love. What a gorgeous fish! I'll let you know if they come in...it'll be great to see you again. Marcye

For sure Marcye! I was going to come in Thursday, but I had an exam I had to prepare for. I'll check them out when you get them in. Thanks.

Back