xenia only pulsing at night

jennifer62454

My xenia have started pulsing like crazy at night and only just a bit during the day when the lights are on. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for the help!

My guess is pH. In calfo's book he said all his xenia would stop pusling if pH dropped below i think 8.3. Hope this helps

My guess is pH. In calfo's book he said all his xenia would stop pusling if pH dropped below i think 8.3. Hope this helps

That is very wrong as mine pulsed all the way down to 7.8 in my old tank. Does your tank have significant flow during the day that cuts down at night?

They pulse less when the flow around them is very high.

my flow stays the same other then my rotating power head i might try and move some of my Karola's around maybe that is it. I did do some cleaning the other day maybe they aren't in the same position, i know the flow might be changing during the day also because of the extension of other corals. Let me do some thinking on this one!

As for the PH some say it may have something to do with the ceasing of pulsing and others say it doesn't so i guess you take what you want out of that. I know that Ph raises during the day and Ph falls at night maybe the Ph is getting to high when the lights come on, because they pulse at night now not during the day?

Parameters: Ammonia 0, nitrates 0, nitrites 0, Ph 8.4, temp 78-80, phosphates 0.

i am just so stumped on this one, thanks for all of the help guys!

Last edited:
Back