Xenon's 45G SPS Build Thread *Pics*

I got a power switch to keep the electrical organized.

My lighting will be on a separate circuit because this power strip can only handle a total of 1800w. I had to drill some holes so that I could mount it to the aluminum profile.

Cube-14.jpg

Cube-15.jpg

Now I am on to aquascaping. I got some Caribsea Life Rock because I don't want to wait 12 months for coraline to cover the rock. :)

Cube-16.jpg

I am drilling the rocks with a 3/8" masonry bit for some 3/8" acrylic rods to stack rocks on-top each other.

Cube-17.jpg

I'm interested to see how it comes out, my next aqua scape will need to be put together with more than gravity:)

Got some goodies today. :D

The only thing missing is the sump and I can't find a builder that has time to do it quickly!!!

***first world problems... lol

Cube-18.jpg

Really?

For me, the detailed planning is part of the fun. :dance:

Yea, I tend to go mostly off the cuff. My job involves a lot of planning and thinking ahead so my hobby tends to leave those parts out.

I do enjoy seeing other people plan and implement though, so keep us updated!

Man o man, 400w MH over a 45g. Good thing you have a chiller! Are you concerned about toasting corals with too much? I would have thought 250w would be plenty but I guess I don't know too much about MH. Clean build btw, I'm sure you've got it under control ;).

Man o man, 400w MH over a 45g. Good thing you have a chiller! Are you concerned about toasting corals with too much? I would have thought 250w would be plenty but I guess I don't know too much about MH. Clean build btw, I'm sure you've got it under control ;).

I have plenty experience with MH.

I run both 250w and 400w 20K Radiums in my store and the tanks are 12" deep. I have no problems (other than heat).

With that said, the 400w Radium 20K always give me better SPS coloration than 250w. It's effortless.

I had a 250 over a 20 and my coral thrived.

I finally got the aquascaping finished!!! :)

I am really liking this Caribsea Life Rock.

It's so much easier on the eyes compared to bright white dry-rock and having to wait 10 months for coraline to kick in.

Cube-19.jpg

Cube-20.jpg

Cube-21.jpg

Cube-22.jpg

Back