Yellow tang?

gareth.hubbarde

Hi all, so I'm considering a final fish for the tsnk and considering a yellow tang. Lfs are having 3 inch fish in this week at around £70. My tank is 300l (80) gallon. Probably on the edge of suitability. I don't really want the tang police to get me. I do understand that I may have to rehome if it gets too big.

My current stocklist and equipment below. Your honest opinion welcome.

300l (80g) tank
36 kg crushed coral and aragonite substrate
40kg live rock
Deltec mce601 skimmer
1000lph filter pump
Filter floss
1 2800 lph pump,( hydor koralia 3200)
1 x fluval sea cp4 {5200 lph)

1 algae blenny
1 kole tang
1 Royal gramma
1 adorned wrasse
1 One spot foxface
1 coral beauty
1 zebra dwarf lionfish
1 pair clown fish

1 strawberry conch
4 nassarius snails
4 small red legged hermits
1 tube anemone
1 boxer shrimp
6 trochus snails
2 astrea snails
1 cleaner shrimp
7a77190f5d46d55980374f5f2b600d68.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Why do you want a tang so big?

Also, isn't the price a bit high? (Maybe I am out of date on prices).

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

When I adopted a full set up, which I think was smaller than the 80g you. I think it was 4 foot x 18 x 12 with around 80kg of lr, I also adopted a yellow tang that had been in there for around 4 years. It seemed very happy and wasn't huge.

Why do you want a tang so big?

Also, isn't the price a bit high? (Maybe I am out of date on prices).

It's just what the lfs are having in apparently. I'd personally have a smaller one to start with. Should I wait and ask them to get me a smaller one?

It's just what the lfs are having in apparently. I'd personally have a smaller one to start with. Should I wait and ask them to get me a smaller one?

Where are you located.

Personally, I always wait for the exact thing I am looking for - it is always worth it.

Where are you located.

Personally, I always wait for the exact thing I am looking for - it is always worth it.
Located in Wales, UK. I will have A chat with the guy up the lfs. I'm on good terms with him so next time he orders fish he can get me a smaller yellow tang.

Back