Yep

westwind737

I totally agree that enviromental policy is the first priority of conservation. And I'm not generalizing when I say we should save the coral in the sense "I don't mean everything". But there are obviously some areas on the planet that are unprotected, and those that areas are the catalyst for changing enviromental policy. I think the scientists that are responsible for providing evidence of the reefs destruction are also going to be held responsible for the subsequent permanent loss of any viable re-establishment of nature in the event the policy changes fail. I also beleive that captive simulations of entire ecosystems are going to be the end requirement of captive reproduction i.e. the success of the aquaculture industry. So in effect what I'm saying is what we lose now in the red tape battle we lose forever and at least preserving those necessary for future aquaculture is a responsibility to the human race for food medicine and god knows what else.. think energy... think nanotech then ask yourself where on the planet the most diverse set of chemical and biological defense systems exist, you should come up with Rain forests and coral reefs... There's a seed bank... but no reef bank... so what's too expensive???. Nature is and will be the technological arena of the future, the less we have to go off the less we can learn. I don't think global warming or the polluting of the enviroment is the only reason we should step up "captive simulation" efforts. It's a responsibility to science and humanity.

Back