Your Long Term Review Jebao DC Controllable Return Pump ?

I can hear a high pitch whine on my DC6000, especially at higher speeds. It's not loud enough to bother me. With the cabinet door closed, I don't hear it at all.

I've had the pump for over a year now, still works great. Since they're so inexpensive, I bought a backup DC6000 in case of failure. That's true of any brand return pump: it's good to have a backup pump ready to go, just in case.

I can hear noise from my DC6000, its 6 months old and losing power, ive been told it needs a new motor, shame as i like the pump and features :(

I can hear noise from my DC6000, its 6 months old and losing power, ive been told it needs a new motor, shame as i like the pump and features :(

im no expert when it comes to these motors. But we have beenusing brushless motors in my other hobby for years. if we have one thats losing power its typically due to the rotor losing magnatizum. there really is nothing else that could do bad in the pump to cause power loss other then a bearing/bushing seizing up.

On that note! i had a dc12,000 that i had ran for about 7 months! the pump was great never a issue. when i first hooked it up it was a little loud... then i changed how it was plumbed. i put flexible tubing from the pump to my manifold... after that the pump was as close to silent as i think a motor can get! i liked my pump so much i bought the new dct6000 for my newbuild and i will say the improvments to the rotor shaft and the way the impeller housing comes apart is much better!

Looking to add either the dc3000 or the dct4000 as my return on a 70g with 30g sump. Any suggestions on which. Leaning towards the 4000 as its only 10$ more but need I to be relatively quiet.

I'm looking at getting the DCT12000 for a 240 and the DCT8000 for my 180. I saw a DC9000 on a tank and it was VERY quiet. I'm wondering about this high pitch whine folks are talking about. is it on the old DC or the new DCT model (or both)?

I'm looking at getting the DCT12000 for a 240 and the DCT8000 for my 180. I saw a DC9000 on a tank and it was VERY quiet. I'm wondering about this high pitch whine folks are talking about. is it on the old DC or the new DCT model (or both)?

I've now owed 2 pumps. And I have 2 buddies who both also use them. None of us have ever had a issue or a high pitch whine.

im no expert when it comes to these motors. But we have beenusing brushless motors in my other hobby for years. if we have one thats losing power its typically due to the rotor losing magnatizum. there really is nothing else that could do bad in the pump to cause power loss other then a bearing/bushing seizing up.

On that note! i had a dc12,000 that i had ran for about 7 months! the pump was great never a issue. when i first hooked it up it was a little loud... then i changed how it was plumbed. i put flexible tubing from the pump to my manifold... after that the pump was as close to silent as i think a motor can get! i liked my pump so much i bought the new dct6000 for my newbuild and i will say the improvments to the rotor shaft and the way the impeller housing comes apart is much better!

Interesting Postie!

Looking to add either the dc3000 or the dct4000 as my return on a 70g with 30g sump. Any suggestions on which. Leaning towards the 4000 as its only 10$ more but need I to be relatively quiet.

I would suggest the 4000. I have the 3000 on a 56g w/ 20g sump and I think it's just right. The range of flow rates is great, certainly adjustable to your liking. With the 4000, you will likely be using a lower setting than you would with the 3000, and I bet that will result in a lower noise signature (however, I must say I find this pump SUPER quiet, can't hear it over the 120mm fan cooling my cabinet).

The dct has had quite a few improvements over the older DC models that eliminated some of the concerns people were having with rust power draw and noise. The major con I find with any jebao gear is the controller box where the electric plugs in tends to spark and is a fire hazard. I have a new dct8000 thing's very quiet but still new. Controller is the same as my wp25 which I have had running over a year with no major issues other than the flow drops way down if you dont clean it every 2 months. The power plug is just flat out scary I've seen some insane sparks fly out if you toggle the cord. I'll be switching brands just due to that. The dct cord makes some freaky sounds if you mess with the wire. One thing with any return pump is consider the power draw because this component is running 24\7 and saving a few bucks to the pump can make you pay out to the power company. The new jebao seems to be reasonable for power consumption though. I was suprised go see the new vectra takes 130w which seems very high.

I've been using a jaebo 3000lv for 1 year now. It's been a nice little pump. The controller is convenient. Having had jaebo powerheads die on me within a couple years I'm wary of this pump though and have an eheim 1262 ready to go which I will likely install and use the jaebo as a backup. It sure is quiet though

Hey guys,...I have a dct15000 coming,...anyone know can these pumps be run on the outside of the sump vs. submerged? Thanks---Rick

Hey guys,...I have a dct15000 coming,...anyone know can these pumps be run on the outside of the sump vs. submerged? Thanks---Rick

I have not tried running mine outside the sump. However, I can tell you that my research suggests that these are best used in sump. The have a tendency to leak when used externally.

What size tank are you using the 15000 on?

My total system is 1000gal. My sump is in the basement with about 15ft of travel and 10ft of head involved. I have a Dolphin pump now that I have used for years... I have throttled back or it would overflow the tank,...so I'm guessing I would have to run the Jabeo at a lower speed...I want to try a dc pump to see what king of power savings I would get.

My total system is 1000gal. My sump is in the basement with about 15ft of travel and 10ft of head involved. I have a Dolphin pump now that I have used for years... I have throttled back or it would overflow the tank,...so I'm guessing I would have to run the Jabeo at a lower speed...I want to try a dc pump to see what king of power savings I would get.

I hope this is enough for your system. I use the DCT12000 on my 300 gallon system with about 5ft of head pressure and it is perfect at 100% power. I have considered getting a DCT15000 so that I can tee of for my biopellet and GFO reactors instead of running a separate pump for those. Let us know how it works for you.

In my experience Jaebo is king of the 6 month era....after that....who knows how long it will last. I have never used Jaebo and "long term" in the same sentance.

I'm one of the people that's had a great experience with these products. I've had a DC12000 as my return pump for over a year on my 225g. It runs great and silent. I clean it every 6 months. I also use two RW15's and two RW8's as circulation pumps. Work great and I clean them about every 4 months. I've got a DC3000 running my reactors. I will continue using these products.

Back