Ywg ?

reefwick

I just added a yellow watchman goby yesterday. He made it through the night and seems fairly relaxed. My question is about eating. I had the LFS feed him and watched him eat before I purchased him but he didn't eat today. Is this normal for a new fish to not eat right away? Also, what is his ideal diet? I usually feed squid, scallop, prawn, brine, krill and dose phyto. (alternating of course) Will this do?

He's a sand sifter: mine sometimes eats flake food, disdains formula 1 and spits it out. But he works hard on his sand heap, and seems to eat both algae and copepods in the process: certainly he spots something he wants now and again and really goes after what I can't see. Try the red flake food on him, and crunch it up a little so it's his size. I haven't tried spirulina, but he might go for that, too.

mine would eat almost anything, and he would also sand sift. Formula 1 + 2 pellets, mysis, flakes and some other things. He should be ok. BTW has he found a home yet?

I find cyclopleeze gets just aboutl any run of the mill marine fish to eat ( not mandarine or scooter). Mine eats EVERYTHING. He even steals some of the nori I give to my clownfish.

No he hasn't claimed a place yet. He does hang around front and center though and paces back and fourth every so often. I've seen him do some exploring. I'm just worried about the eating but I guess it's only the first day though. Will he make a little hole to chill in?? or does he need a pistol to dig it out for him?

Mine dug a home by himself, I actually have two shrimp gobies, they are in QT cause of ich, I think Im going to trade in my ymg, and get a pistol shrimp for my other one. Its more natural for them.

CaribSea sand, the only thing you should put a shrimp goby in a tank with is sand, they also like holy rocks. (where mine lived)

Well that's obvious, I mean is it the real fine grain sand or more of the coarse stuff. Yeah I've got caves, holes and the like for it to hid in too but he just likes the front middle for now.

i have a YWG without a shrimp and he roamed from cranny to cranny, not seeming to find a place he felt safe. i added some barnacles to the bottom and he immediately took up residence in them and defends them from my two nosy clowns..

Back