zoa dominated tank updates...

MarvinsReef

In Memoriam
Hello... I haven't seen full tank pics of my fellow reefers in a while.. I know that all of you are proud of your zoa dominated reef tanks.. Please post here and maybe a little spec of the tank...

- how many gallons and dimensions
- lighting
- flow

I will start with mine... I really hope to see your tanks.. :)

- 55 gallons (48x12x21)
- Coralife AquaPro 2 150w x 2 14K Phoenix MH; 96w x 2 Actinics
- 2 MaxiJet 1200, small Dolphin pump, and return pump

TankFull01-17-06.jpg

- 12 gallon JBJ nano
- Coralife Quad 96w 50/50 from Hellolights.com
- small Rio and small Dolphin pump

12-30-05NanoFullShot.jpg

Marvin

wow.. that's a lot of reponses.. LoLz...

it was worth a try since I do like viewing other people's tank and see if I can get ideas on aquascaping and where different corals are located... especially zoas.. :)

Marvin

Looks nice marv, I have a few zoo's so far still adding ;) What, or do you have a, skimmer an that 12G?

Marie,

Awesome... what are the dimensions of this tank.. I saw you have several tanks.. :)

Thanks for sharing..

Marvin

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6544158#post6544158 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by AIMFish
Looks nice marv, I have a few zoo's so far still adding ;) What, or do you have a, skimmer an that 12G?

no skimmer or mods done to the JBJ nano except upgrading the lights to a Coralife 96w quad and added two powerheads..

Marvin

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6544808#post6544808 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Marv_55_Gallon
Marie,

Awesome... what are the dimensions of this tank.. I saw you have several tanks.. :)

Thanks for sharing..

Marvin

this tank is one of the 55's, 48x12x21. It's viewed on 3 sides which makes aquascaping even more challenging :rolleyes:. It's lit with 4 vho's and has 1 tunze 6060 for flow

oh and it will be a year old in march :D

Soon to be zoanthid dominated!

I restarted my 70 gallon (1.5 x 2 x 3 feet) reef in October of last year after it got killed by Hurricane Katrina. I had a lot of zoanthids before. I have even more varieties now, they are tiny frags though... if you look close you can see alot them along the front in the sand. :D

Lighting is 250w (20000k) Giesemann MH and 150w of VHO actinic. Flow: Tunze Stream 6100, Ehiem 1262 return and Blueline 30 closed loop for about 44x turnover.

Besides the zoanthids I have an Acropora colony, 2 Montipora colonies, some GSPs, two Discosoma rocks and a Sarcophyton. And too many fish. (Long story.)

DHarms: I'm glad that you're bouncing back from the mishap.. The tank is looking very good.. keep up the good work and make sure you keep a progression log so we can see before and after pics say after six months or so... :)

Marvin

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6553248#post6553248 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by DHarms
Thanks, you bet I will! :D

I have tons more pictures on my website, www.zooxanthellae.com

I checked out your pics.. man, you've got some nice frags with huge potentials for awesome colonies.. :)

Marvin

I hope so! I have got another order coming in on Tuesday, I'll post up pictures when they get here. For now feast your eyes on this candy I picked up at the LFS:

)))

-29 gallon
-2x65 watt pc current orbit fixture
-flow: aquaclear 70 back filter and powersweep powerhead

full%20tank%201-06.JPG

After seeing everones admazing zoo tanks. I finally got around to taking some pictures of my 40 breeder zoo dominated tank. Hope you guys enjoy

40Breeder031.jpg

40Breeder030.jpg

40Breeder029.jpg

40Breeder028.jpg

Wow chemguy, that's a lot of zoanthids alright!

Why all the shots from above and none through the glass?

would also like to see shots through the front of the glass... hard to portray the stunning colors of your zoas from those shots.. :)

Marvin

Sorry guys for taking the pictures from only top down. I am still getting use to taking pictures with halides:D ( just got them installed yesterday. The colors should improve imensely since before they where under 2 96 watt 10k pc and 1 96 watt atinic. I am in the process of taking more pictures, So i will post them once i get them ready. Ben

Here are some fairly blurry pictures of my 29 gallon. I'll get some clearer ones later and maybe some of my 2.5 gallon zoa tank. I would like some aquascaping suggestions if anyone has any, as I'm not totally happy with the current design.

IM001635.jpg

IM001636.jpg

Back