Zoanthid Information Draft

Very nice! :) I've checked your list several times for random things that I have questions on :)

i'd like to submit this thread under:
Hitch Hikers/Pests with Zoanthids

the thread titled: Anyone heard of these eating zoas? (asterina starfish)
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=857437

i added the term "(asterina starfish)" so it is easier to identify in the list.

that thread discusses the possibilities of asterina's being predators to zoanthids and even quotes dr. ron at one point.

i'd also like to suggest changing the title for easier identification of the thread in the same category from:
New to zoanthids...they came with starfish.
to:
New to zoanthids...they came with starfish. (brittle starfish)

and lastly, same category, from:
Id
to:
Id (nudibranch)

i think it'll make referencing these threads much easier for the novice and old-timers alike! :D

ty!

I am a new zoa addict, setting up a dedicated 3 gallon Pico Zoa Garden. I have 18 watts of 50/50 light on the 3 gallons and wonder if the zoas need any feeding, or are they photosynthetic? If they need feeding, what is suggested? I have cyclo-peez, live phyto, etc. Just need this guidance.

I know it might be addressed in some of those links, but I have not had time to read them all.

Thanks.

I have used many types of food, but have found that enriched brine shrimp work well. They're big enough to target feed them and soft enough for the zoas to injest them easily.

Be warned though, not all zoanthids will readily take food.

Also, if you don't target feed with a pipette and all the pumps off, you'll have problems getting them to eat.

On top of that, I have found that the easiest way to keep most of the fish off the zoas while they're trying to take the food into their mouth is to feed them at night right before you turn the light's off. If they turn off when you're done, then turn them off manually.

Great idea and lots of good info... but I found several links gave me this message: "Invalid thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the webmaster"
Am I doing something wrong OR have the links been deleted?

Yeah, the majority of the links are dead.. I think many of them moved to the archive site? This thread needs an update

--mike

Back