ZOO close ups!

Just kidding around here...

Andrew, I could take all of your images and paste them on jjackson's picture and still not fill it up completely. :D

Nice shots, everyone! :thumbsup:

alexinfla said:
A few "Armageddons" :)
armageddon.jpg
!

i love those! i had some armageddons but now i only have 1 polyp of them due to the salinity in my tank getting too high. but yeah, armageddons are so much better than PPE or RPES or any other palythoas :D

Here are my sunflower zoo's. I call them sunflowers for obvious reasons! Hopefully its a name no one else has come up with yet!

Sunflowerzoa.jpg

SUNFLOWER%202.jpg

That last image is of a very rare large-polyped palythoa. It appears to grow on land, but is ocean-based typically.

;)

melev said:
That last image is of a very rare large-polyped palythoa. It appears to grow on land, but is ocean-based typically.

;)

LOL

Yes indeed. It is very rare, or as I believe they call it a "Limited Edition" coral!

Thanks. :) Shooting from above with a 20,000K XM over your shoulder can make a zooanthid colony really pop out at you.

Do you just use 20k in your reef? Im going to be ordering a 175 mh until for x-mas for my 20 reef and can't deside on a 20k or 15k bulb.

Andrew, my reef is 280g, and 6' long. So here is my lighting configuration.

250w 10,000K Ushio - 400w 20,000K XM - 250w 10,000K AB
plus 320w of VHO actinics (two 6' bulbs).

These zoos are at the base of the tank under the center MH, which is a 20,000K bulb.

Back