★ Star Wars ★ Parody (Algae Wars) Time Lapse / Photo Edit / VIDEO MOVIE (on YouTube)

Wally.B

★ Star Wars ★ Parody (Algae Wars) Time Lapse / Photo Edit / VIDEO MOVIE (on YouTube)

This is a project I started, and my son got involved with.

We made a Star Wars Parody Movie called "Algae Wars".

It started as a Algae Battle Experiment to place Algae covered rocks in a experimental tank and film time lapse photos to observe which critters did best.

Details of that experiment are in the thread.
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2546250&page=1

Idea's kept flowing after seeing the SeaHare in Time Lapse which looked like Jabba the Hut, and it became a video rendered movie (using many aquariums as sets, and various Lego, and equipment).

Goal was to make this educational, fun, and an inspiration for others to get interested in Aquarium Hobby which has many hobbies within (ie Chemistry, Electronics ,Automation, Life, Biology, and Photography/Video...)

Here is Chapter 1 of 4, on
YouTubeThumb_zps1ibihgew.jpg~original

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycQ9YPuAaVk

AlgaeWarsTitlePage_zpsokatn0gc.jpg~original

Enjoy.

Last edited:
Watched the whole thing, got a laugh out of it. Nice work! Love the eshops logo placement. Maybe they should send you more frag racks for future videos.

Watched the whole thing, got a laugh out of it. Nice work! Love the eshops logo placement. Maybe they should send you more frag racks for future videos.

Hahaha... I never noticed that (Logo) at all. Was too focused on the rest of the details.
Interesting concept. To get sponsor stuff for the next 3 chapters. (kidding) ;)

Alage Wars- EPISODE 2 (STARTED) Teaser Trailer to be released very shortly

Wow, after a year my brain has gotten rusty.
But after some review of material, I'm organized again.

Editing has started.

Small Sample Teaser to be released in a day or two to prove this is not Another Production Delay.

FirstTake-Banner-Chapter2-820pixels_zpsv1r6ucal.jpg~original

This Episode with take place on Central Command, Copepodius, Frag Rock. The Weapon will be revealed, and it will be FIRED!!

Will the Rebels and Corals be destroyed? Tune in and find out.

Last edited:
ALGAE WARS (Episode-2) Update: (1 more scene to go)

Working day and night (since off from work).

1 more scene to go, and then title pages, rendering begins.

It will be worth the wait, since this Episode is turning out much more/better than I hoped for. Way more than Episode 1 on content.

Something for Holiday break viewing.

ALAGE WARS - Episode 2 (INTRO) Published on You Tube

Just running a test to ensure Graphics Rendering/Publishing is properly working.

At this point testing the Intro.

Everyone is welcome to see it.

https://youtu.be/BZeqMMtuqL0

Don't expect much since the Real Movie will be published as COMPLETE.

Also sampling to see how much of a Audience we have. More viewers, more motivation to speed up completion. Target is still by the weekend.

Wally.B

ALGAE WARS- Episode 2 UPDATE (Boxing Day)

Just got my Yearly Salt on Sale.

Back to work on Movie.

Doing final stitching of scenes and reveiw runs.

Posting on You Tube very soon. (Hoping by tomorrow, or overnight tonight)

ALAGE WARS (Episode 2) *RENDERED* [Uploading to YouTube]

It's done.

Uploading into YouTube.

Not as perfect as I would like, but need to enjoy last few days of Holiday Break.

Exactly 20 minutes long.

Will publish today.

Wally.B.

★ ALGAE WARS - Episode 2 (The Weapon) ★ PUBLISHED ON YOU TUBE !!

Finally Eh?

Sorry for the delays, it was a lot of work this time.

Here are both Episodes of Algae WARS for your viewing enjoyment.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ALGAE WARS - Episode-1 (The Plan)

AlgaeWars-Eposide1-BannerYouTube_zpspjjly6pi.jpg~original

YouTubeThumb_zpsugbw9ahu.jpg~original
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycQ9YPuAaVk&t=98s

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ALGAE WARS - Episode-2 (The Weapon) ** NEW **

AlgaeWars-Eposide2-BannerYouTube_zpsqqlhp563.jpg~original

YouTubeThumb_zpsugbw9ahu.jpg~original
https://youtu.be/AbjrROyxjlo

A sneak peak of Episodes 3/4 coming shortly. There may be only one more Episode.

Wally.B

Last edited:
The Real World (A New Hope) Restarting Algae Toonie

So if you watched the Ending of Episode 2, that Algae Situation was a Real Thing that happened in my Office tank.

Over the last year, I've been taking all lessons learned and planning for a Fresh New Office Tank Restart.

(Same old rocks, Algae Free) and a whole new set of SPS Corals (The best I could find).

New Sump, New Algae Scrubber, better Circulation and lighting.

That start begins 2017, which is not far away.

This is Algae Toonie Dec 2016. With a new start beginning 2017 at the stroke of midnight tonight.

2016-12-11_BasementTankUpdate_zpse7ke0idr.jpg~original

The rack of SPS Frags at the back will be placed forward soon on Rocks and I'll be starting a new Tank Thread.

Last edited:
It's about time. I've been waiting patiently for this thread.

Sorry for the wait. But it takes time to hand draw 820 Digital Frames after coming up with a plot, when you have a full time job, 3 kids to raise, and two Fish Tanks to maintain, rebuild, etc.

Would someone spare a moment to provide some feedback if that Hard Work was worth it?

Next Episode (Final Conclusion) will probably also take till 2017 Christmas to finish.

Why? It the biggest undertaking. 80% Lego MiniFig scenes and more complex plot.

Wow I didn't realize you were hand drawing, that sounds painful.

I liked the creativity of telling a story, it's definitely nice. IMHO I think some of the non-related humor could be cut out to save time and effort.

My favorite seen was probably night time on frag rock with the CUC.

Wow I didn't realize you were hand drawing, that sounds painful.

I liked the creativity of telling a story, it's definitely nice. IMHO I think some of the non-related humor could be cut out to save time and effort.

Well it's not exactly hand drawn. Using a mouse and various graphics tools.
But this frame by Frame stuff is good old Fashion Original Disney arts style.
Little harder when it's just one person compared to a team at Disney.

The time lapses of snails moving is not hand drawn but pictures taken every minutes or two, to speed things up. (Your favourite scene was that).

The whole movie is then a bunch of Frames, loaded then rendered together with Microsoft MovieMaker (some transition effect make it better).

I do appreciate your positive feedback since all that work was personal fun. Helps to have an audience too.

IMHO I think some of the non-related humor could be cut out to save time and effort.

I will be doing a final remake when the last episode comes out.
It will be one movie, end to end.

So always interested in improvments.

What do you mean "non-related humour". take out scotty? Take our the Galatic Library? Take of the Knock-Knock Joke (I didn't like it, it was done last year, so threw it in)

Sheesh, either way it's a lot of work!

I actually did appreciate Scotty good dry humor, but thought the scene could be done faster. The Galactic Library is nice because of its educational value, though are are nano-seconds of waiting that gets me I'll have to admit. The knock-knock joke I do think was a bit much

Back