10,000 gal pool reef. 38,000 liters

The quote to install the 100A sub panel next to the equipment came in at $1200. He's running it through the attic, so that seems steep. If anyone knows what these things should run, please educate me. :D

Yes, it's called getting a second quote, and a third, and a fourth.

That lesson is free :)

But in all seriousness the cost of a project can differ greatly based on where it's done as permit fees alone could chomp into that price. I mean here I think it would cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $250 just for the permit. But there are sites out there that can give you a range of pricing in your area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KIbKRKLHM4

more inspiration... sort of

I'm modifying the design again based on the cost estimates... I need to control the maintenance costs and having to do any size water changes is a disaster. Need a no-WC architecture and I'm thinking of a deep mud floor to reduce the actual salt water volume and simplify the design.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KIbKRKLHM4

more inspiration... sort of

I'm modifying the design again based on the cost estimates... I need to control the maintenance costs and having to do any size water changes is a disaster. Need a no-WC architecture and I'm thinking of a deep mud floor to reduce the actual salt water volume and simplify the design.

Not considering sand? Just love the look of a sand bottom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The shallow reef is sand. The deep reef is currently a lot of volume that has little visibility and just creates a cost burden...

At this point, the plan is to use a few tons of calcium gravel... and maybe blow water through it to dislodge detritus.

There’s just a lot of wasted volume...

I’m adding a massive deep zone with tons of crushed limestone ... 10 cubic yards of the stuff.

The primary intent was to reduce the volume of saltwater needed in the tall tank’s hidden bottom but now I’m curious if it’ll act as a mineral and pH stabilizer.

I'm adding a massive deep zone with tons of crushed limestone ... 10 cubic yards of the stuff.

The primary intent was to reduce the volume of saltwater needed in the tall tank's hidden bottom but now I'm curious if it'll act as a mineral and pH stabilizer.

Ahh sounds great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also decided to start a new YouTube video channel to walk through it once I get approval.

It’s called “Bright Reef Gardens” and it’s currently empty... but it’s a start.

Also decided to start a new YouTube video channel to walk through it once I get approval.

It's called "œBright Reef Gardens" and it's currently empty... but it's a start.

Quick search on youtube for your channel brought up lots of interesting videos, but I was unable to locate yours.

Back