10g or 20g tank

sdsheeks

I'm looking to buy a 10g or a 20g tank to start the process of a sump.

Anyone selling or should I just get it from wal-mart???

Dave

If I were you, I would go for the 20g as long as it fits in the stand. More is better in my opinion.

I don't have an aquarium for you. If you plan on making part of the sump a refugium, I have some chaeto for you. Free of charge. Just let me know if you want some, and when you want it.

Thanks,
Fred

...but a 20L offers quite a bit of room if it will fit your stand... even room for your skimmer if you ordered on for in the sump.:cool:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6841196#post6841196 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by hllywd
...but a 20L offers quite a bit of room if it will fit your stand... even room for your skimmer if you ordered on for in the sump.:cool:

I have a nooby question, but hey I have to ask right??

If I get the sump up and running do I still the the canister filter I'm running now that is under my stand?? If not I have more room to work with...

Dave

I have a 15 that only had water in it for a week, never even had any fish, I live in BG, I can't even remember how much I paid for it but if you want it I'll give you a good deal, I really don't want to move it if I don't have to in May

That would depend on how much LR you have Dave... and your fish load. Yours is FOWLR right?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6842840#post6842840 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by hllywd
That would depend on how much LR you have Dave... and your fish load. Yours is FOWLR right?

Correct FOWLR. It is a 46 gallon bow tank with 105 lbs of fiji lr....

The fish load is very small right now with 1 maroon clown and then the cleaning crew.

Dave

Go slow to build the nitrifying bacteria population and I can't imagine why you'd need the can...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6840647#post6840647 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jenghes
ditching the stash I sent you already? It must have grown fast. Great stuff, huh?

I second the 20L

Jen,

I have a 10 gallon clear plastic tote from K-Mart. It has almost entirely filled that tote in about 2 months. This stuff grows like crazy and I have never seen more beautiful nitrate readings (knock on wood)! It is not real dense yet, but it is like it exploded!!!

Thanks,
Fred

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6841515#post6841515 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bigdaddyadam
I have a 15 that only had water in it for a week, never even had any fish, I live in BG, I can't even remember how much I paid for it but if you want it I'll give you a good deal, I really don't want to move it if I don't have to in May

Is it long?

Dave

Back