14 Gallon Bio cube

HI Guys, Well I am 2 weeks in, My levels are good no more sign of Aptasia, I have a new yellow or maybe a rust colored algae growing all over everything. The green algae is growing in as well. I am seeing algy in the glass of the tank and am thing it would look better if i cleaned it off or got some cleaner guys in there. Do you guys think it is too early to add a cleaner crew to my tank and what I should be putting in there, Or should i just let it go until it finishes cycling?

I also see something growing out of the rock they look like little black balls, There are two spots i see them growing, I have posted some pictures although they aren't very clear maybe someone can help me identify them.

-Dave

IMG_6142.jpg

id pull the rock and remove the bubble algae OUTSIDE the tank! it can pop and cause spores to populate the rest of the tank. pretty easy though in a 14 gal. GL and Welcome to RC!!

turbos do a nice job and arent expensive or big...

most folks get turbos for their bigger tanks as well
they look like normal snails but their shells are coned...

+2 on removing the rock.

the way i never had to deal with it again was removing some of the rock where the bubble came out by scraping it after the bubble was removed intact. i scraped with a screwdriver and took a light layer of it off.

i also read somewhere to run hot freshwater on that spot...if its near the edge...of the rock so that you dont burn the entire thing as an extra precaution. i personally did that and never saw the bubble algae ever again

Thanks for all the reply's. I picked up 3 turbo snails and 3 hermit crabs. They are working away on they clean up. I am going to attempt taking out the rocks and removing the bubble algea tonight.

The bubble algae can spread. You can take the rock out, use a toothpick and pick the bubble algae off without bursting them.

Last edited:
Back