150 watt DE MH lamps compared

Well, I decided to bite the wallet and go with 150W Radiums on a BlueWave ballast.

Review: Bluewave ballast VII runs great, not scalding hot if accidently touched.

Lighting: the 2 150W Radiums as the only light over our 30 inch deep mixed tank seems to be doing great. The SPS up top is coloring up so nicely, and have seen growth on it, so its not totally stopped, and the LPS that we had had are coloring up to, from the bleeching out they were doing under the to bright light we had them under, and our mushrooms and zoas at the bottom just seem to be loving it.

So all I can say is I am loving only running the one set of lights.

Status?

Not a whole lot of drive on this with Sanjay's site :)

http://www.reeflightinginfo.arvixe.com/

Sent back, bought, or traded gear up to NIB, for folks that sent stuff.

At this point the box is in use on my 400wt SE's to get a measurement of the 1yr XM20K vs new.

Is there any specific data not on Sanjay's site folks are looking for these days? Aged bulbs to compare to new, etc?

Ok after going through this entire thread... Did I just miss it or did any of traveller7s results get posted anywhere??

I think with time constraints & Sanjays own data....... this project has been put on the back burner.

Cheers,
Vic [veng68]

I have 2 X 150 10k DE Icecap MH on 2 X 150W Icecap Ballast.

I also have a Icecap 660 which I will be placing 4 X 23 ft VHO on.

I am not sure what type of VHO (antic / marine white etc) that I should get to supliment my new tank. Will be SPS and softies.

Any advice would be appriciated.
I have the ballast and endcaps but need the bulbs only

Andrew

Reefing as best I can in Ireland

I have been using URI VHO bulbs for 5 years without a problem. They have an internal reflector which maximizes the amount of light available to your tank.

Back